MWJones's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Road Edit feedback now showing in Edit History

I have made it a habit of checking my edit history on a regular basis for place edits, since I have seen way to many "Not Applied" in the past (and since I try and track pending changes, it is the only way I know to close out in my logs that a pending edit failed). Tonight I noticed that a number of road edits, primarily from early June, have now appeared as "Not Applied" in the history:

HistoryList.JPG

If I go back and search my original e-mails, I can find one of these edits:

https://goo.gl/maps/GRfBBnb4JyP2

EMail.JPG

So I know that this is the edit mentioned above. If you read my comments, it seems to be a simple request, that I was very clear in the comments what the edit should be, yet it was not applied.

Is this an effort by the Google team to just clear the backlog, no matter if the edit is right or wrong? I've just discovered this, and there are quite a few of these "Not Applied" now showing in my history that I am going to have to sort out and determine what will eventually have to be resubmitted (and I see several that are nothing more than applying a name to an unnamed road).

Would a Googler or Connect Mod care to weigh in?

M. W. Jones -- Former Map Maker Regional Lead, United States
Texas, USA
6 comments
Level 7

Re: Road Edit feedback now showing in Edit History

Connect Moderator

Hi @RickyMD,

Road edits are not reviewed by algorithm nor by other Local Guides.  Road edits are made in an internal tool by Googlers; your feedback in Maps is simply a request for someone to make that edit for you.

The person you are replying to is someone who has been mapping for many years.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash Thank you for replying to my comment and telling me where i went wrong it's just i am a new here and have just started and so on i will learn from my mistake and make sure to give a proper yet accurate reply to the issue faced.

Level 6

How do you make map edits? I have come up against a few dead Ends in LA but couldn’t find it in the app. 

Level 7

IMG_20180927_194258.jpg

IMG_20180927_194343.jpg

IMG_20180927_194509.jpg

1.Drop the pin the by long pressing on the specific area.

2.Select report a problem on dropped pin.

3.Select the second option and make your edit.

Your edit may take about 1 to 7 days to get approved wherein the edit made is correct.

Hope It Helps 

Thank You.

Level 10

Idea exchange voting open for "Make road editing possible" https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/All-Ideas/Make-road-editing-possible/idi-p/667232

Kind regards from Osaka78 👍 Ps @Flash, your vote or non vote is noted and much appreciated. We'd love to hear your thoughts about road edits for Local Guides