ziemniak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

River edit

Hi everyone,

How isHow isHow should beHow should beI want to edit river but I don't know how to do it. Can you help me?

Thanks for help 

PS. Sorry about my english. I'm from Poland. 🙂

Staw Antoninek, Poznań, Polska
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: River edit

Approximately 4 years ago Google created a specialized team that just does water edits, and at that time they removed the ability for the public to edit water features.

If I had to guess as to why; generally whenever Google has a specialized team working on something, there are some people that decide that Google's rules for Google's map are wrong, and they follow such teams around changing their work to be what the person think is better.

Please use "Send feedback -> Other feedback" to have any changes you feel are necessary forwarded to that team.  As a warning, that team has their worked queued up ahead of time and thus requests for them have always taken several months.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @ziemniak I think we can only edit and fix roads. As Local Guides I don't think we can edit a river. Only Google can do that. If the river has a problem, you can report it by sending a feedback to the Google Maps Team and also including a screenshot of your claims to support the feedback process. But however it's not a guarantee it would also be fixed as many information have to be verified too. 

Best of luck @ziemniak 🙂

Level 10

Hi @ziemniak I have also attached an example of how you can send a feedback. Please do follow the steps to send your feedback. 

1st Step1st Step

2nd Step2nd Step

3rd Step, just make the feedback you want to report on here and after filling, click send3rd Step, just make the feedback you want to report on here and after filling, click send

Level 6

Thanks @HelloSamsonR I know about that but thanks for help. 🙂

But why we can't change rivers? 😞

Level 10

@ziemniak Well I would love to know why like you, but I dont  know :). I only know they can be mapped by Googlers, of which I kind of agree as well. 

Level 7

Google doesnt answer "why" questions.  @ziemniak

Connect Moderator
Solution

Approximately 4 years ago Google created a specialized team that just does water edits, and at that time they removed the ability for the public to edit water features.

If I had to guess as to why; generally whenever Google has a specialized team working on something, there are some people that decide that Google's rules for Google's map are wrong, and they follow such teams around changing their work to be what the person think is better.

Please use "Send feedback -> Other feedback" to have any changes you feel are necessary forwarded to that team.  As a warning, that team has their worked queued up ahead of time and thus requests for them have always taken several months.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages