KentCool's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Request for new road segment

Dear All,

I has been following the guideline provided to report the missing road in the map since last Aug'2017. Since then, multiple reports has been made but all stuck in "REVIEWED" status and will never move.

Therefore, is there anyone here could guide on how to get the new road segment added into the google map.

The map can be found in Waze as the following:

WazeCapture.PNG

Looking forward your help.

Best regards,

Kenny

Dhamma Earth 传法生态林 Hulu Langat District, Selangor Malaysia
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Request for new road segment

Hello @KentCool,

Could you please provide the details of exactly how and what you have been reporting, so that we might see if that might be an issue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 1

Hello @Flash,

This is how I report the missing road:

1. In desktop web browser, goto https://www.google.com.my/maps

2. Search for "Dhamma Earth"

3. Change the map to satellite view.

4. Menu > Send Feedback > Missing Road

5. Click on the road in the map where the missing road is located.

6. Type in the detail as following:

GoogleMapReportMissingRoad.png

7. Click on submit button to complete the report.

Best regards,

Kenny

Connect Moderator

Hi Kent,

I think the edit type is perhaps part of the issue, but I'll need your local knowledge to confirm it.

Is the road that is on the map positioned slightly to the south actually a different road, or is it this road mispositioned?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 1

Hi Flash,

That is actually a different road, I have do a screen captured of how the road should look like in satellite view below:

WazeSatelliteView.png

Best regards,

Kenny

Level 1

Hi @Flash,

Is there anything else I can help to provide to foster the process?

Best regards,

Kenny

Connect Moderator

The best advice I can offer is that you drive the road with a GPS logger to produce a GPS trail, and then upload that trail to the internet.  Stand alone loggers provide more accuracy, but there are also lots of apps for smartphones.  It is best to set loggers to record very second if you have the battery capacity to allow it.

Once uploaded to the internet you can link to it in the Notes section of an edit.  If you have submitted an edit within the past couple of months you should first wait to see if it is successful before submitting another.

Google is only able to add roads that it can verify, and while most verification is possible with the resources they already have sometimes you might be able to provide that extra bit needed.

Level 1

Hi @Flash,

Appreciate your prompt reply on the matter. The information provided indeed very helpful, not only to me and at same time to others who might encounter this in the future. 

We do agree with the point that the change should based on something that can be verified otherwise it will be difficult to maintain the integrity of the system. 

Back to the current case, we only have Waze GPS Points which is similar to the GPS logger.

WazeSatelliteViewGPS.png

This is the permalink to the particular section of the road.

https://www.waze.com/editor?env=row&lon=101.87812&lat=3.02932&s=79142231&zoom=4&segments=348995994

Can we use that (Waze Permalink) for reporting the missing road as well? 

Besides that, is there a way to track our submitted incident in google map? Because I don't see it appear in Your Contributions > Edits section under the profile.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Kenny

Level 10

@KentCool wrote:

Besides that, is there a way to track our submitted incident in google map? Because I don't see it appear in Your Contributions > Edits section under the profile.

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Kenny

I'm sorry, there is no way to keep track of feedback sent on maps.

Level 8

Hi @KentCool,

@LucioV is correct that there is no way of tracking if your Feedback Report was processed or is still in a queue. It is partly to do with the fact that the feedback procedure is used as a temporary solution whilst the more advanced editing capabilities are being developed for the new Maps.

Tip:

You are able to see an overview though of all the feedback that you have submitted. So at least you have a record of it without having to log all your feedback notifications by hand. Check out this link: https://www.google.com/tools/feedback/reports.

I hope it is of use to you.

Happy mapping, JeroenM