cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Request for move to new place

Hi dear Googlers

Good day
A place moved to new place about two months ago and I requested for move but still pending.

The customer go to past place and said the place does not exist here and makes them sad and the business manager disappointed.

I know we should wait until google reviewing suggestions by that time but I ask please help him for faster reviewing this request.

I also remind we don't have GMB in Iran.

Thank you

Information of place
Name: Tehran Intex
Map link

New place link

7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Request for move to new place

Hello @SamanS,

While GMB may not be available in your country, it is clear that you are working with the ownerships of businesses to get them better represented on the map.  That is not permitted in the Local Guides program; you should only be making personal edits with your account that is in this program.  When working with businesses you should use a different account or have the businesses use their own account, and you should not use Connect to discuss such edits.

With regards to this particular edit, if GMB is not available then you may post your request in the Google Maps forum.  Please start your post by stating that GMB is not available in your country, give the complete details of the edit, and post a screenshot of the automatic reply you would have received in your email when you made the edit.  Please consider carefully if you want to make such a post if the edit was not made with an account separate from your LG account.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hello @Flash

Please check all aspects of one thread to understand the conditions better.

If you click on the business links, you found it has virtual tour.

Yes I'm working with ownership of the business but as trusted street view photographer and this is totally permitted by Google.

Google never said not to use Local Guides account for street view goals.

One local guide account is to guide users by local knowledge surely as a volunteer, But to inform you, besides this Google lets users (Even Local Guides) to be trusted street view photographers and help businesses to show them as virtual tour on the map.

Many street view photographers in the world are also local guides and this is not in challenge with each others and is totally permitted.
We help businesses by virtual tours and as Google said the costs is only for virtual tours but also in this way one business should have accurate info on the map and this is our responsibility to help business for stating correctly on the map.
Street view photographers also edit many places on the map as a local guide to make the map better.

This is a volunteer work to make travels more accurate. But they also can do business work for creating virtual tours.

Why should users create extra accounts? Where Google represented such phrase?! Extra accounts make servers (in this case Google servers) more busy and finally it cause to Global Warming and this is not appreciated at all.
So the edits on this business is not a business action nor paid one, Although this is my business street view customer but the edit is (free) only to make information of one place more accurate on the map.

So LGConnect is also suitable place to ask "Googlers" to help us.

Connect Moderator

Hello @SamanS,

Whether you are a Street View photographer or not, the Local Guides program remains for individual use only. You are correct that you can certainly notice something on your own when visiting a place and fix it; but when your requests on this forum continually are requests coming from business owners then that is not something we can help you with in Connect.

The best idea is to always keep as far away from that threshold as possible. If you want to help owners without risking your LG status then why not show them how to make the edits themselves?

You also have the option of seeing if they can help you in the SVTP forum.  From what I know, though, for your situation the only help would be found at the Maps forum.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Hello dear @Flash

Good day

In fact I'm continually checking the map to correct wrong info allover the map specially Iran based on the guidelines as I learnt from Google, Forums topics and you since map maker and this is totally volunteer.

You can check my edits number to find this matter. Because of this I can not have very active role in discussions of LGC, But when after months, first considered ways like editing or sending feedback has no result, the next way is to report the problem in Connect whether if it is a business or not.

I have also another several requests here for places those aren't my customers.

For example about tourist attractions or airports because being correct info in the map is important for me even if it is a SV customer or not.

You're right that these recent requests from me maybe sounds kind of threshold but also non of them are opposite of guidelines, if Googlers see, they can help. But surely users can do nothing in such special cases that I shared here.
And about SVTP forum, that is for expertise topics about photography and business and an ordinary changes on the map can not be discussed there.

Thank you.

Sincereley

Saman

Level 10

@SamanS if you own the business, plz use Google business app to edit the location.

Level 8

@SamanS

I respect your question and the solution you are looking for. 

But I will suggest you to read carefully the comments (specially second) by @Flash. He is trying to say that guidelines are different for 1. using, editing, correcting Google Map and

2.using connect forum and 

3. SVTP forum.

Treat these differently. 

It is clearly specified while signing the LG program that the program is for individuals not for businesses. 

Anyway I might be wrong somewhere. That is only my opinion 🙂 

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

Hello @SamanS,

Whether you are a Street View photographer or not, the Local Guides program remains for individual use only. You are correct that you can certainly notice something on your own when visiting a place and fix it; but when your requests on this forum continually are requests coming from business owners then that is not something we can help you with in Connect.

The best idea is to always keep as far away from that threshold as possible. If you want to help owners without risking your LG status then why not show them how to make the edits themselves?

You also have the option of seeing if they can help you in the SVTP forum.  From what I know, though, for your situation the only help would be found at the Maps forum.