hilmanadz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Report Missing Location (urgent) [EDITED]

Dear all my friends, local guides around the world !

Hello guys, I'm a new member here, if I have any mistake on using this forum please let me now by send me an email to [REDACTED]

Today I want to start a discussion about missing location in google maps.
As I know Google Maps has some renewal about several places and locations after Local Guides Summit.

There is one location that I want to discuss with all of you,
Before the renewal, this place is a company which is located in Manyar, Gresik.
It has many positive feedback and good rating.
The previous location is absolutely right, nothing wrong with it.
I'm following this location for more than 5 months since my first comment about it.
I also get notification if there is someone post any question about this place.
But suddenly this place disappear when I check google today.
I don't know precisely when this place has deleted by google.
Then I find some places with the same name as I have mentioned before. But with wrong location. Sadly, It's more than one.

I have some questions, maybe someone can help me to solve this issue.
1. Why the original place (the previous one) disappear?
2. If the place was reported before, how many people who report this place so google could take an action to delete the place on the maps?

3. When the other spots with the same name show up on google maps?
4. If it was reported before, why google maps choose the one place which doesn't has any star-rating or comment as the new location?
5. Is it true that Gmaps can delete the a place without confirmation to everyone who have visit the old place before?

I need your help. This place is so important, it's a workplace, one of big company in the city. So many people looking for this place. 
I hope this issue can be solved as soon as possible or maybe I get a possible reason why this place has changed by google.

Jalan Raya Sukomulyo, Roomo, Gresik Regency, East Java, Indonesia
10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Report Missing Location (urgent)

Hello,

A dot without a name normally is an marker that only you can see located in a spot where you deleted a feature.  Is it possible you accidently deleted this place?

If not, please wait a week or two; as when a business claims a place via Google My Business it disappears from the map for a short while during the claims process.  This may be what is happening.

The other dots would be duplicate listings.  Each should have an edit made to move it to the correct location and to also improve the other fields.  After you have submitted the edit to move it you should then mark it for deletion using the "Duplicate" reason.  This will not actually immediately duplicate it, but rather will queue it for a Googler to look at it and combine duplicates into one so that data is not lost.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8

Bls: Report Missing Location (urgent)

I cant help but maybe @iyudhi @TraciC can answer the problem

Level 9

Please help us to answer this case Mbak @BellaWi 🙂

Level 8

Bls: Report Missing Location (urgent)

up o may be you know @OSAMA

Level 8

Hi @hilmanadz,

I moved your post to Mapping your World board is a better fit here.

We are encouraged not to publish our personal details in public for privacy concerns.  Please edit your post to remove any sensitive details.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

A dot without a name normally is an marker that only you can see located in a spot where you deleted a feature.  Is it possible you accidently deleted this place?

If not, please wait a week or two; as when a business claims a place via Google My Business it disappears from the map for a short while during the claims process.  This may be what is happening.

The other dots would be duplicate listings.  Each should have an edit made to move it to the correct location and to also improve the other fields.  After you have submitted the edit to move it you should then mark it for deletion using the "Duplicate" reason.  This will not actually immediately duplicate it, but rather will queue it for a Googler to look at it and combine duplicates into one so that data is not lost.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Former Google Contributor

Hi @hilmanadz

I redacted your personal e-mail from the post. You might not know but we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a private messaging system in place instead.

Please take a moment to review our community policy and check this useful tips on using this community before posting.

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

what if the business never reclaim it? I mean we don't have any experienced google local guides yet and only few people who care about this issue.

So when this issue happened, we don't know how to do. Until this comment were posted. The old data is still missing on google.
Is there any other way to recover the old data? Thank you for your help.

Level 1

Hi friends, pls help me how to appear my location in google map.about 2week already i have add my location in google map.but since now disnt appear yet.

Level 2

Google updates their Maps frequently, so be patient. If it's been over 3 weeks, then submit another EDIT or MISSING LOCATION request. Another option would be to register with Google Local Guides and provide local details for your area while receiving quick turnaround on your edits. Also, from where are you entering your Edits or Missing Location requests?  Originating from Social Media sites like Facebook tends to be much slower in verification due to the amount of request transfers, as well as the number of hands the edits must go through prior to reaching Google for verification. The best way to ensure the fastest and most accurate approval of Edits and Missing Locations is to originate from Google Maps and complete the edit in one sitting. 

KD - Google Author, Mapmaker, and Local Guide