cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9
Level 9

Removed Listings Stay 'Live' - A Bug?

I noticed a new behaviour recently and wonder if this is a bug or as intended:

After marking a place as 'Never Existed' my contributions tab says that it is APPROVED. Normally this would mean the name legend would disappear from the map leaving the black circle, and the listing container would be empty:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 08.00.54.png

However for new edits now the map looks like this:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 08.02.04.png

The name legend stays on the map and the container info changes, the name of the business becomes the start of the address and and the listing seems to be Claimed https://goo.gl/maps/PifxhsXdC2R2

Btw the business doesn't seem to be searchable so the listing isn't exactly live (hence quotation marks in the thread title), but the listing can clearly be shared so it is live in a way

3 comments
Level 1

Re: Removed Listings Stay 'Live' - A Bug?

Gib google ein wenig zeit.denke in 14 tagen haben sich alle server abgeglichen und es sollte stimmen.liebe grüsse

@Pea wrote:

I noticed a new behaviour recently and wonder if this is a bug or as intended:

After marking a place as 'Never Existed' my contributions tab says that it is APPROVED. Normally this would mean the name legend would disappear from the map leaving the black circle, and the listing container would be empty:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 08.00.54.png

However for new edits now the map looks like this:

Screenshot 2017-06-22 at 08.02.04.png

The name legend stays on the map and the container info changes, the name of the business becomes the start of the address and and the listing seems to be Claimed https://goo.gl/maps/PifxhsXdC2R2

Btw the business doesn't seem to be searchable so the listing isn't exactly live (hence quotation marks in the thread title), but the listing can clearly be shared so it is live in a way

Level 9

my reply was just deleted from this thread
I have a feeling a mod is abusing their powers again

ive had multiple posts deleted tonight

@Gus

here is another example of this so called bug
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cake+Louise/@35.425768,-89.7763227,17z/data=!4m9!1m3!8m2!1e4!2s115...

a house on a STRICTLY residential street, no staffed storefronta house on a STRICTLY residential street, no staffed storefront
/sarcasm
my mother loves to bake pies
sometimes she even sells them

can i add her house to the map as a pie shop?
what about calling it "sweet as pie"

she only wants people to visit after calling her and making special arrangements
/sarcasm

Level 9

my prior post (deleted) was not correct.

it's unclear whether this is a bug or feature but if a maps user deletes a establishment poi and the name winds up in the address, the listing is in purgatory.

it shows as deleted on the internal tools that the google my business team uses. whether this purgatory state was intentional or not  i don't know.