Jonesnco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Local Guide submissions should override info from third parties containing no information.

Similar issue here:. 

https://goo.gl/maps/pBEMijbPRa92

Google Maps has the location stuck in the middle of a major thoroughfare. It's obvious from the photos including the one with GPS coordinates that I uploaded to Google maps that it is not only not in the middle of the thoroughfare that it is specifically in the location in the mall where I specified yet for some reason Google Maps rejected the edit to move the map marker.  There's no way to do anything in Google Maps but try to move the map marker again because you can't leave feedback on a known location in Maps as far as I know - at least it doesn't appear in the menus in the Android app.

So again I'm attempting to do what local guides does as a function and some system within Google rejects the changes which are correct in favor of ones that are incorrect.  I do not believe at this point that Google is doing anything to pull GPS information out of photos and adding the GPS information in the uploaded photos actually is of no benefit.

1 comment
Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guide submissions should override info from third parties containing no information.

Hello,

I've moved your post to it's own thread as it is not really related to the previous issue.

In checking it out to see what might be occuring I was able to successfully move the marker (since it was visible in Street View I was able to make the edit even though I had no direct knowledge of the place).  This would just be a case of trust levels on Maps, and as you move more places successfully you will earn more trust in that type of edit.  Trust is earned gradually, it can take hundreds and even thousands of edits of the same type to make noticable increases in one's trust.

Thanks for your efforts to ensure the map data is correct!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages