PrakharSahu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Exclusive: Edit a road segment in Google Maps

I am facing problems while changing the spelling of a particular place, what should I do?

The above picture is showing the wrong spelling of the place. I was checking in the settings if I can suggest to update the spelling, but there is no such option is available for that.The above picture is showing the wrong spelling of the place. I was checking in the settings if I can suggest to update the spelling, but there is no such option is available for that.

With love,
Prakhar Sahu
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

When you do not include a link to the place you force us to speculate.  The most likely cause is that this is a polygon instead of a point.  Polygons are not editable from within Maps.  If that is the case then you should use "Send feedback -> Other feedback" to submit the issue.  Please be aware that requests sent this way must each be manually processed and thus the queue is quite long.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 9

@PrakharSahu,screnshoot menunjukkan anda menggunakan hand phone,apakah mungkin anda belum update aplikasi maps terbaru? Saya menggunakan androit dan ada pilihan Sarankan Edit yang berisikan antara lain Edit Nama tempat.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

When you do not include a link to the place you force us to speculate.  The most likely cause is that this is a polygon instead of a point.  Polygons are not editable from within Maps.  If that is the case then you should use "Send feedback -> Other feedback" to submit the issue.  Please be aware that requests sent this way must each be manually processed and thus the queue is quite long.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Can you translate it in English please?
With love,
Prakhar Sahu
Level 7

@ Flash,
How do you identify if the point is a Polygon OR a point....is there any way we can recognise the difference so that we donot waste time trying to edit from within the map and use the "Send Feedback" option instead,
thanks
Level 7

its a simple just open maps go to the destination and do suggest an adit , google will allow u to do the adits

Level 7

so @ManthanD are you saying a polygon map location does not even give you an edit option.....though from experience i can tell many of my edits are rejected, which now iam assuming are polygon locations
Level 7

i dont understand y u having problem coz i have done lots of adits and google allow me ,i did not had a  any froblem

Level 7

you ask for edit names u did not specify about polygone,google is not allowed us to edit polygone,u could send it only  a feedback