Public transport in tunisia

public transportation section in Google maps is not available in Tunisia 

Tunis, Tunisia
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Public transport in tunisia

Was it available earlier, but is not there any more?

Regular users like you and me cannot make transit info appear on Google maps, nor can we fix it if it is in error.

Transit agencies or companies must want to provide their info to Google and they must take action to get the data to Google.

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Was it available earlier, but is not there any more?

Regular users like you and me cannot make transit info appear on Google maps, nor can we fix it if it is in error.

Transit agencies or companies must want to provide their info to Google and they must take action to get the data to Google.

Level 3

public agencies are not showing any interest for adding the informations !
is there any possibility so we the guides can add it ourselves

Level 7

This is the only solution I hope there is a possibility to fix this

Connect Moderator

The only way anyone could enter transit data into the system would be to copy the published transit schedule.  For anyone other than the transit authority to do so would be a violation of copyright.

This means that the only way a schedule can legally be added to the map is for the transit authority to upload it themselves, thus proving that they approve of the use of the data.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Public transport in tunisia

But unfortunately, they will never do that..

there is no other solution then? 

Level 7

The only way that Google will show transit schedules and stop locations is if the proper authorities provide that info directly to Google.

Connect Moderator

there is no other solution then? 

No, there is no other solution as the information belongs to the transit authority.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages