Mjyates's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Public beach

Can anyone tell me in which country maps I can find the category " Public beach " ?

South Africa
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Public beach

As has been mentioned multiple times, that information is not just outdated, it is not for Maps.

It is also just for places that qualify for GMB, which would not include a public beach.

@Mjyates, there is no resource other than going into Maps and seeing for yourself where it is available.  Please be aware that being on the map does not mean it is:

• still an appropriate category in that country
  • was ever an appropriate category in that country
  • is user editable within Maps
Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @Mjyates you can have a look to this google sheet related to your question, but consider that is outdated, it is not intended for maps, but it's from an official resource page:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10QhWFmHYhZI7FL7cQZUqkDkRbexPVthEIfp8iibhA3s/edit?usp=sharing

Use at your own risk and, please, don't do that at home! 🙂

Connect Moderator
Solution

As has been mentioned multiple times, that information is not just outdated, it is not for Maps.

It is also just for places that qualify for GMB, which would not include a public beach.

@Mjyates, there is no resource other than going into Maps and seeing for yourself where it is available.  Please be aware that being on the map does not mean it is:

• still an appropriate category in that country
  • was ever an appropriate category in that country
  • is user editable within Maps
Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

The public beach is in Myrtle Beach sc the USA and its a very great place to come to im at the beach now

Level 7

Hi , google my business are limet to my country Iran by US goverment,  therefore no one can add place like public beach on google map in my country.

Please add all categorys to google map in my area Iran, then local guids can use correct category on map