GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Posting on "Mapping your World" Board

GGLLCL-post_suggestedit_v1_r1.png

If you like making sure that the information on Google is accurate and fresh for everyone, this is the board for you. With more than 100+ million places around the world, you help millions of people to discover and share great places and make better decisions every day.

Connect with other Local Guides and Googlers on this board to learn more about adding and editing places in your area and also to help new users who may be entering this exciting world. Here you can share stories about mapping, best practices and learn about our mapping policies but if you have a question about an edit on Google Map, please post on the Google Maps Forum.

Here you can share anything related to Mapping, for example:

• A tutorial on how you mapped your neighborhood
  • Ask a question about mapping local stores in your area
  • A cool tip on editing places
  • An easier (or faster) way you used to map something
  • Maps-ups that you organizes previously or want to organize in the future. 

A few tips about posting on this board:

• Search the community before making a new post as someone might have had the same questions as you. Refer to this post for overall guidelines on how to use this community.
  • Try to make it clear, specific, and share as much information as possible. This will help you, and people trying to help you, get to a solution faster. Subjects like “Problem on Maps” or “Can’t add anything” are far too general.
  • Make the best use of “Location” feature, something really important for this board. The world is a pretty big place and sometimes we have different ways of doing things depending on the region.  Don’t type in the place where you live, but add the place you are talking about. For more information about this feature, you can check out this post.

Go ahead, explore the world and share it on Google Maps!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
33 comments
Level 8

Re: Posting on "Mapping your World" Board

I used to be more active in mapmaker, but unfortunately that service will be shout down in 2017.

i wonder if  mapmaker features will be added to this local guides platform.

The Hague Local Guides Community
https://plus.google.com/communities/113132801025566159822
Level 2

why is that ?

Level 8

i use mapmaker mainly for road editing and for desktop use. it has a better overview and more option for editing.

and beside the beta features of google maps on android are not available on desktop website 

@KarukhH wrote:

why is that ?

Level 7

how i can add road to map without mapmaker after shutdown ? 

Level 8

i belive there is no option  for it yet

but that might change as they start integrating some of  mapmaker to google map

Level 8

Having Line editing ability in Maps is clearly highlighted in the GMM graduation announcement.

Level 8

Hi @GusMoreira,

What is the difference between GeoWalks and Map-ups?

Former Google Contributor

@YK1001 - They are very similar. Geo walks you go around an area to contribute to Google Maps. In Map-ups you don't necessarily need to walk around, you get together with people in a space and start mapping your area (drawing road on MM, editing/adding places, etc.)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 8

@YK1001 wrote:

Having Line editing ability in Maps is clearly highlighted in the GMM graduation announcement.

hi where can i found these announcements 😄