GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Posting on "Mapping your World" Board

Hi @AliBijani,

The official announcement is linked in this thread  https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Map-Maker-retirement/m-p/62667

You can search here for "retirement" and there are several discussion here - but the main discussion is happening at Mapmaker Forum.

Level 1

Thanks! I am new to this and  I felt a little cnfused at times...

(¿may I suggest peple write in English r Spanis .? I am myself Argentine(mechaical translations by th pom are nooooooooooot good!!! 

Hilda Quinteros

Level 8

I mainly edit everything when i not found in map but some edits are not aproved.i added some roads which are not in map view but using satellite view i edit them but it not aproved yet.so how could i take intrest on it plz aproved them or cancel them but not store pending for so longer

@GusM wrote:

GGLLCL-post_suggestedit_v1_r1.png

If you like making sure that the information on Google is accurate and fresh for everyone, this is the board for you. With more than 100+ million places around the world, you help millions of people to discover and share great places and make better decisions every day.

Connect with other Local Guides and Googlers on this board to learn more about adding and editing places in your area and also to help new users who may be entering this exciting world. Here you can share stories about mapping, best practices and learn about our mapping policies but if you have a question about an edit on Google Map Maker, please post on the Map Maker Help Forum.

Here you can share anything related to Mapping, for example:

• A tutorial on how you mapped your neighborhood
  • Ask a question about mapping local stores in your area
  • A cool tip on editing places
  • An easier (or faster) way you used to map something
  • Maps-ups that you organizes previously or want to organize in the future. 

A few tips about posting on this board:

• Search the community before making a new post as someone might have had the same questions as you. Refer to this post for overall guidelines on how to use this community.
  • Try to make it clear, specific, and share as much information as possible. This will help you, and people trying to help you, get to a solution faster. Subjects like “Problem on Maps” or “Can’t add anything” are far too general.
  • Make the best use of “Location” feature, something really important for this board. The world is a pretty big place and sometimes we have different ways of doing things depending on the region.  Don’t type in the place where you live, but add the place you are talking about. For more information about this feature, you can check out this post.

Go ahead, explore the world and share it on Google Maps!

@GusM wrote:

GGLLCL-post_suggestedit_v1_r1.png

If you like making sure that the information on Google is accurate and fresh for everyone, this is the board for you. With more than 100+ million places around the world, you help millions of people to discover and share great places and make better decisions every day.

Connect with other Local Guides and Googlers on this board to learn more about adding and editing places in your area and also to help new users who may be entering this exciting world. Here you can share stories about mapping, best practices and learn about our mapping policies but if you have a question about an edit on Google Map Maker, please post on the Map Maker Help Forum.

Here you can share anything related to Mapping, for example:

• A tutorial on how you mapped your neighborhood
  • Ask a question about mapping local stores in your area
  • A cool tip on editing places
  • An easier (or faster) way you used to map something
  • Maps-ups that you organizes previously or want to organize in the future. 

A few tips about posting on this board:

• Search the community before making a new post as someone might have had the same questions as you. Refer to this post for overall guidelines on how to use this community.
  • Try to make it clear, specific, and share as much information as possible. This will help you, and people trying to help you, get to a solution faster. Subjects like “Problem on Maps” or “Can’t add anything” are far too general.
  • Make the best use of “Location” feature, something really important for this board. The world is a pretty big place and sometimes we have different ways of doing things depending on the region.  Don’t type in the place where you live, but add the place you are talking about. For more information about this feature, you can check out this post.

Go ahead, explore the world and share it on Google Maps!

Level 5

It is definitely the main problem for Google Map !

I suggest a solution : Allow users post photos at any GPS position, like Street View app did it.

With these proven photos on real places, it's easier to decide to publish the new places/roads or not.

In present, users can only post photos on specified/registered/published places. How do we publish photos of a wild area? But I'm pretty sure that these photos of unkown areas are very helpful for travellers and it truly means World Discovery.

Level 8

i agree 100% with you uploading photos only base on shop or any place mark are not always handy.

imagine if you are taking pictures of a landscape or park where the nearest place mark is around 1 km away

The Hague Local Guides Community
https://plus.google.com/communities/113132801025566159822
Level 1

Re: Posting on "Mapping your World" BoardYes,of course

¿ A UN kilómetro dicen? Recuerdo haber ido a pescar truchas con mi padre a un lugar llamado La Petaca, en las Sierras Grandes de Córdoba, Argentina,que quedaba a unas 5 horas (o sea, unos 10 kilómetros)  a caballo del "lugar más cercano, una estancia de donde partíamos.. Miento. El lugar má cercano era la casa de los Ponce , una familia analfabeta que vivía en el borde de la Pampa de Achala, varios (?) kilómetros más subiendo por entre las piedras. Yo no los conocí, pero mi madre si, cuando tuvieron que refugiarse allí  de una lluvia...

¿Y en la extensísima Patdagonia argentina? Allí hay CIENTOS de kilómetros a pueblo vecino,y la nada entre medio.

Level 1

¿ A UN kilómetro dicen? Recuerdo haber ido a pescar truchas con mi padre a un lugar llamado La Petaca, en las Sierras Grandes de Córdoba, Argentina,que quedaba a unas 5 horas (o sea, unos 10 kilómetros)  a caballo del "lugar más cercano, una estancia de donde partíamos.. Miento. El lugar má cercano era la casa de los Ponce , una familia analfabeta que vivía en el borde de la Pampa de Achala, varios (?) kilómetros más subiendo por entre las piedras. Yo no los conocí, pero mi madre si, cuando tuvieron que refugiarse allí  de una lluvia...

¿Y en la extensísima Patdagonia argentina? Allí hay CIENTOS de kilómetros a pueblo vecino,y la nada entre medio.

(Sory for the  Spansh .I can write this in perfect English ,I just jthought....)ght ......

Level 5

@LindaQ wrote:

(Sory for the  Spansh .I can write this in perfect English ,I just jthought....)ght ......

Would you write in english or french please! I don't know spanish! Very sorry!

Level 2

@KhanhTuanT wrote:

@LindaQ wrote:

@KhanhTuanT wrote:

@LindaQ wrote:

Level 5

Google mapmaker was a great tool i had so much fun mapping and posting photos too bad they shutdown 

Google Mapmaker a été un excellent outil, j'ai eu tellement de plaisir à crée des chose partager des informations et à afficher des photos mais dommage ils ont arrêté