Justin-Pacheco's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Point System

Quick question do you get points for editing google maps meaning moving locations adding them removing them ect... bc i have done all of those things and i havent gotten any points for it please help

Bristol, RI, United States
13 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Point System

Yes @Justin-Pacheco you should get points for any kind of edit you do on Maps. Keep in mind that for you to get a point the edit has to be approved and published first. Also, only one point max per location, no matter how many edits you do for that particular location.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Yes @Justin-Pacheco you should get points for any kind of edit you do on Maps. Keep in mind that for you to get a point the edit has to be approved and published first. Also, only one point max per location, no matter how many edits you do for that particular location.

Level 6

@IvanY wrote:

@iyudhi It has been approved and published but no points

Connect Moderator

When were they published and how long have you waited? Sometimes it takes a while for the points to be updated.

Level 6

@iyudhi Last night  and today

Connect Moderator

Try waiting a few more days then. If the points haven't been updated within a week, feel free to comment here again and we'll see what we can do.

Level 6

@iyudhi Ok thank you for your help!

Connect Moderator

@IvanY wrote:

I'm sorry, but this is incorrect information.

You will not get points for editing the majority of things on the map; such as roads, address markers, rivers, mountains, cities, etc.

Points can only be earned for editing certain places (known to mappers as POIs).  Specifically, you will only get points for editing POIs in the "establishment" sub-set of categories.  Basically, if you can leave a review on it then it's in that sub-set.

You will only get one point for editing a feature.  If you have ever edited it in the past, you already received your point and will not get another one.  There is a separate point available if you were the person that added the feature.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

@Flash You're right, my apologies. I guess when I said 'any kind' I was talking more in terms of editing/adding locations and such. I totally forgot that you can edit roads and such (not a big MapMaker user). Thanks for the correction.

Connect Moderator

Road editing is not restricted to Map Maker, just the more complex edits are currently only available there.  You can edit roads from within Maps also, but that will not earn you points.

You can also edit POIs that are not in the establishment sub-category, those too will not earn you points.

It is only a specific sub-set of the edits that count towards points.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages