LStefanoL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Please remove this bus stop in the middle of nowhere

This is clearly a big huge error: https://goo.gl/maps/3YGi97tzdSK2
It says Naples when Naples is hundreds of Kms away.
Already reported but nothing ever happened.
Google quality mapping as always. It's nice to see things going downhill after closing mapmaker. Serves them well.

10 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Please remove this bus stop in the middle of nowhere

Hi @LStefanoL

Thanks for reaching out on this. We do appreciate your help.

How long have you been waiting? As a reminder, edits take some time to get approved, but please don't be discouraged. I would recommend also to read this post on how to see the status of your edits in Google Maps.  

Many thanks again.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

It's been 8 months since my first report via Maps. Of course i made more. It's clearly not working at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I would like to suggest you to tell about it to another Local Guides to help you to remove it. I have that kind experience in Google Maps, and with help form another member of Bandung Local Guides (in Indonesia), the point is even easily removed just in hours.

Greetings from Bandung, Indonesia!

Level 8

It looks like anarchy. Maps is really going downhill, FAST.

Level 8

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I would like to suggest you to tell about it to another Local Guides to help you to remove it. I have that kind experience in Google Maps, and with help form another member of Bandung Local Guides (in Indonesia), the point is even easily removed just in hours.

Greetings from Bandung, Indonesia!

Hi @Anonymous,

Please be noted that LGs' contributions to Maps should base on our person knowledge.  

So please let people know that they should not take part of an edit without personal knowledge about the place.

Connect Moderator

Is this bus station incorrect, or does it just have the marker misplaced?

The marker position is just a data field, similar to the phone number or website.  If one of those is incorrect we fix it rather than deleting the feature, and the same would apply to a misplaced marker.

A POI represents a particular place at a particular location, so the only things we do not change are the name to make it a different place nor the address.  If this gave a precise street address and that was incorrect then we would have to choose a deletion option such as Never Existed, Moved, Closed, etc.  But since this is a very general address then the question is whether this does exist and simply needs improvement.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

The marker is clearly misplaced and it's a duplicate of the following near Naples Central Station and its parking lot and bus terminal (''Metropark''): https://www.google.it/maps/place/Napoli+(Metropark+Centrale)/@40.8507565,14.2736703,18z/data=!4m5!3m... , and it's a key bus stop for Naples city transit system.

Level 1

@LStefanoL wrote:

This is clearly a big huge error: https://goo.gl/maps/3YGi97tzdSK2
It says Naples when Naples is hundreds of Kms away.
Already reported but nothing ever happened.
Google quality mapping as always. It's nice to see things going downhill after closing mapmaker. Serves them well.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning Mr @YK1001,

Yes sir, thank you very much for reminding me. In my town, I am joining a Local Guide community, so I just suggest an tell my friend to edit spams on several well known place just in the town (for example, spams at public parks or city hall). For the other place, I wouldn't be dare to tell my friend except he also knows about the spam.

I will be more careful and concern about suggesting about editing a spam place.

Thank you very much, Sir.

Greetings from Indonesia.