LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Please help me remove this place

https://goo.gl/maps/pLJJq8xQpV72

It's a duplicate of main railway station in Rome, and is confusing tourists.

Every time i try to mark as duplicate/spam/non existent, i get instantly not applied.

Thanks

18 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Please help me remove this place

Hi @LucioV,

We really appreciate you trying to correct to map to avoid more users being routed to the wrong place, but by using the community and the other Google tools as workarounds to speed up the process you put all your contributions  and the effort you put into your account at risk.

Claiming a false GMB, trying to remove as spam a real POI, using multiple accounts to "speed up" the deletion, making submissions that you are not familiar, are some examples of violations that no matter how many good edits you've done in the past, it can get your account in some big trouble.... and we don't want this to happen with any Local Guide.

As much as I understand your intent in fixing the issue, we all need to adhere to all of our policies. 

The first time you flagged the POI, it went to our team for review. Now we just need to wait a little bit until they check and see all the information has been submitted to fix everything.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Level 8

Hey! I reported it as duplicate, hope it helps. ✌️

Level 10

Tried with other two accounts, with different "trusted level"; same result, not applied.

Level 10

Hi guys, no way. Nothing happens while trying to edit this place. So, I think the last resort will be to claim, verify and request deletion from GMB. What do you think?

Level 8

Yeah sure! Also, Maybe you should tag other googlers on this post.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Please remember that you should not be attempting to find workarounds but rather should use only the processes provided only in the manner which Google has said is appropriate.

Claiming this feature is not permitted under GMB's rules; you need to be the owner or their representative, and such person must only claim the main feature.

You have stated this is a duplicate, thus marking this as spam or non-existent also are not appropriate.  Marking it as a duplicate is the proper process, after which you should leave it for that process to take place.  There is a long queue at this time, and even once it reaches the top of the queue and a Googler initiates the merge that process can be weeks or months long.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

Please remember that you should not be attempting to find workarounds but rather should use only the processes provided only in the manner which Google has said is appropriate.

Claiming this feature is not permitted under GMB's rules; you need to be the owner or their representative, and such person must only claim the main feature.

You have stated this is a duplicate, thus marking this as spam or non-existent also are not appropriate.  Marking it as a duplicate is the proper process, after which you should leave it for that process to take place.  There is a long queue at this time, and even once it reaches the top of the queue and a Googler initiates the merge that process can be weeks or months long.

Gregg, this feature DOESN'T EXIST, so, claiming it it's not a violation of the rule i should be owner of.

This is a duplicate, if we talk about the main railway station, it's spam, if we think it's placed in a wrong place, it's a second name of a station, if we think it's wrongly placed, but any of these actions, including changing name, category, hour of service, italian name, etc. end in an instantly NOT APPLIED, so it's not going in any approval queue, for any LG has trying to do this.

So, to avoid thefts and pickpockets to use this SPAM entry, as this is confusing tourists looking for the main station diverting them into an insulated area, i will do EVERYTHING i could to solve this issue, including claiming that "business" and closing it.

Or, as I've asked you could escalate this to @GusMoreira into moderation board, thanks.

Level 8

Can you please list the link to the listing it's a duplicate of?  

Level 10

@JoyHawkins wrote:

Can you please list the link to the listing it's a duplicate of?  

Thanks @JoyHawkins if it's to be considered a duplicate, it's of this place: https://goo.gl/maps/yCGFPGFgrX62

Anyway, just claimed, verified, changed name (to avoid confusion in users) and removed the verified business. Now is back on maps, unclaimed, with a name that, at least, reflects the reality.

This was the only way to change name, trying to address this issue.

Just tried again to mark for removal, without any success.

Thanks for your support.