Shyam_scott's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Please approve this valid edit.

I did edit to this particular location, but it is still in the reviewing mode. I have added photo which proves and validated the edit also.please approve this edit.Screenshot_20180314-060450.png

Laxmy PG(PAYING GUEST HOUSE), 1st Main Road, Koramangala 8th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: Please approve this valid edit.

Hi @Shyam_scott:

Sometimes it takes awhile before an edit is approved. There is a complex process.

Please have a look at this post regarding why the edit may still be pending.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @Shyam_scott:

Sometimes it takes awhile before an edit is approved. There is a complex process.

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 9

Hi @Shyam_scott:

Level 9

hi

it looks like @Shirley double posted by mistake.

@Shyam_scott

I was able to submit a category edit that was published. (a PG most definately is not a Hotel)

A phone number edit that was published.

A name edit that was published (I put the name to Lakshmi PG - your edit included category duplication in the name) unless there is signage to match, accomodation should not be both the category and at the end of the name.

i probably do not have enough trust in your region to change the address BUT if you can provide some kind of evidence or even just an explanation for the address i will try.

im not very comfortable editing addresses outside of Canada and the USA but i am willing to carefully type it out from the screenshot you provided if you can reasure me that the address is 100% accurate.

Connect Moderator

Hello @RPaulR,

Thank you for your efforts to help, but a requirement of the map with few exceptions is that you have personal knowledge of the place to edit it.  You should not be editing this feature based on 3rd hand information.  @Shirley's answer was correct, @Shyam_scott needs to wait for his edit to be reviewed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash

the name and category edits were cleanup only and self explanatory at that. PG is almost like a boarding house btw so definately not a hotel.

i agree that perhaps without personal knowledge i should not have put the phone number @Shyam_scott suggested

while i stauntchly feel that the name and category edit i made was 100% above board.

i wont help other mappers edit unless the information is verifiable in the future. phone numbers are especially sensitive due to hijacking and the like. i made a mistake.

Level 7

Thank You so much @RPaulR@@@@for the approval. All the details added are genuine as I got the info double verified by the owner of my PG. I submitted the business card of the PG also for proof. The address is also verified. The phone number mentioned is the official desk phone for the PG.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Shyam_scott,

No one but you can make the edit, others do not have the personal knowledge required for the the edit..  You will need to wait for your edit to reach the top of the edit queue, Google considers everyone's edits to be equally valid and thus there is no method to skip the queue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages