EmmaRose's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Place "Not Applied"

This morning I tried adding a new restaurant to Google Maps. There was another place in that spot previously, so I marked the old business as permanently closed and tried adding the new restaurant. Google accepted the edit to mark the one business as permanently closed, but when I tried, now multiple times, to add the new place with correct information, every time the status says "Not Applied". Is there any way to fix this from happening again? I'm not trying to spam or put false information, just trying to update the map to show the new restaurant. I read a previous form that said there may be a glitch in the system.

Any information would be helpful.

6 comments
Level 10

Re: Place "Not Applied"

@EmmaRose wrote:

This morning I tried adding a new restaurant to Google Maps. There was another place in that spot previously, so I marked the old business as permanently closed and tried adding the new restaurant. Google accepted the edit to mark the one business as permanently closed, but when I tried, now multiple times, to add the new place with correct information, every time the status says "Not Applied". Is there any way to fix this from happening again? I'm not trying to spam or put false information, just trying to update the map to show the new restaurant. I read a previous form that said there may be a glitch in the system.

Any information would be helpful.

Hi @EmmaRose we could not know why the add is not applied.

The workflow you used is correct; are you sure the permanent close edit was applied and already live on maps? Could you share the closed place here?

Also, try to add as more details you can with the new entry, including (if you are using android smartphone) a storefront photo with gps data.

Level 5

Hi @LucioV, yes I'm sure that the permanent closed edit has been applied and is live on maps. I had marked Hearts to Heaven in Beacon, NY as closed. It was marked as accepted and when I went back to check the address, it now longer showed up, so when I again tried updating the address with the new restaurant, it still showed as not applied. When trying to add the new restaurant I input all the information requested and even put the website which gives all of the address, phone, and open hours information. I've never had an issue like this making an edit before. Could it be because I'm creating a new location as opposed to updating the status of a location?

Level 8

Hi @EmmaRose Welcome to Local Guide Connect Community 

Please read this post: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

When the system is unable to verify the information you submitted, they deny your “add a place” submission. I encourage you to submit them again. Thank you so much!

I hope this helps 🙂

Happy Guiding,
Jagadeesh Reddy.
Level 5

Hi @Jagadeesh_Reddy

Thank you. I had previously read that post, but was hoping for possibly a little more information. I will retry posting the new location a little bit later.

Thanks for your help!

Emma

Level 10

@EmmaRose wrote:

Hi @LucioV, yes I'm sure that the permanent closed edit has been applied and is live on maps. I had marked Hearts to Heaven in Beacon, NY as closed. It was marked as accepted and when I went back to check the address, it now longer showed up, so when I again tried updating the address with the new restaurant, it still showed as not applied. When trying to add the new restaurant I input all the information requested and even put the website which gives all of the address, phone, and open hours information. I've never had an issue like this making an edit before. Could it be because I'm creating a new location as opposed to updating the status of a location?

No, what you did is correct. Sorry.

Level 8

Hi @EmmaRose,

If the new place you have been trying to add is already in the database, but the verification is still pending, then your additional submission would be a duplicate entry in the database. The automated system would reject your potential duplicate. Now it is possible that the Bot jumps to a wrong conclusion OR the pending contribution by another person does eventually gets a Not Applied. In that case, the duplicate original is no longer there. So sometimes, rather than submitting it straight away the only way forward is to give it some time before you resubmit.

In case you are interested, here is an inventory of possible reasons why one might get a not applied response.

Happy mapping! 

JeroenM