har_desai's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Place edits not added to maps

Hello,

I am a local guide ( Har**####** Desai) on Google Maps.

I recently achieved level 8 and really keen to further improve Google Maps in all possible ways.

However, from past few weeks , my subbmissions on place edit are not been accepted. None of the new places that I add are updated  on the Maps.
The same edits when done from other local guide account were accepted and published.
Can you please help me out with the issue?

I'm quite sure that I'm not adding anything wrong , so please guide me on this.

5 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Place edits not added to maps

Hi @har_desai 

Please read this thread

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Hello @har_desai ,

Go thru the post @NareshDarji shared. 

I will want to add that Local Guide need to wait in such cases. These changes might take time 48 hours to be appeared on map if everything is fine. Also it might  several months if some issue.

Your question: The same edits when done from other local guide account were accepted and published. Why not mine ?

Answer (my Guess only): Whenever edits are done in map and sooner if someone or you click that place to view just after the submitting edits , changes will take time to appear. OR it might happen that changed will never be accepted. 

When other local guide changed the place; edits made by you and your  chance  would be lost. Other Local Guide's edits published luckily.

That was my guess. I might be wrong. Also it is very hard to know the actual reason.

Thanks for question and time. 

Level 8

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the links but none of them is giving a satisfactory answer. For all the place edits the message is " Your edit couldn't be verified, so it won't be published".

This is happening for all the new places and also edits in existing places.

Connect Moderator

Hi @har_desai are you operating more than one Local Guides account? If you are then this is against the rules.

The same edits when done from other local guide account were accepted and published.

If you are finding others are able to add edits and you cannot then it is likely that you've done something to reduce your trust factor. If you would like me to review your contributions please private message me a link to your profile on Maps.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Thanks for the reply. No I'm not operating multiple accounts.

It will be really helpful if you can review my edits and let me know. I will share my profile with you.

Regards