ArtemT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Place deleted

I added a place at Google maps. It's a local museum, which is under renovation process https://yadi.sk/i/nzBYDavQ34LYBA I got a confirmation that my object is published, but some times later I found out that th object was deleted for unknown reason. I have a suspicion, because there was a phone call on the phone, mentioned in description, and someone with bad russian asked if the museum is working or not. it was explained that currently it's closed. May be this was a check?

Did anyone have same experience or has some explanation?

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Place deleted

Hello,

Places that are not open are not permitted on the map, as they would mislead people searching for that type of place.

If they already existed on the map the must be marked as Closed.  If they reopen in the future the Closed designation can be removed.

If they did not already exist on the map they cannot be added.  Should they open in the future then they can be added.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Places that are not open are not permitted on the map, as they would mislead people searching for that type of place.

If they already existed on the map the must be marked as Closed.  If they reopen in the future the Closed designation can be removed.

If they did not already exist on the map they cannot be added.  Should they open in the future then they can be added.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 2

First of all sorry for probably dumb questions and thanks for explanations to the novice 🙂

So, we have a material object of the building of the museum. It exists and it's material. We have exposition, which exists. But everything is under renovation. Is there a possibility to mark the object, or it's better to be done later, when the works will be finished. Repeat, currently people can come to the place and there are people, who will show exposition and guide people.

Level 2

Case closed. Object open again https://goo.gl/maps/KJqjxzFHGWA2

Thanks to all

Level 3

It is still annoying that you can't list a place before it's open and list it as closed or coming soon. We have issues searching for addresses to deliver construction materials.   If they don't exist in google maps (like a new construction site) then we have trouble verifying the shipping address.

Also we had a restaurant opening soon, and was unable to list it before opening.  They spent their first two weeks off the map.

Connect Moderator

If this place is open as you describe and it is on the map then it is appropriate, but the hours should be set to that exhibit's hours only and if/when that exhibit ends the museum should be marked closed again.

@GogM, please remember that the map is set up for the average user.  If the average user is looking for  business of type X, he should be able to search that category, make a choice, visit it, and get service.  If the user arrives to find the place isn't even built yet then the map has failed the user.

Address markers are separate from businesses and can be placed so that someone trying to find the construction site using the address would be successful.  Right now they can only be added and edited in Map Maker, but hopefully that will soon be ported to Maps.

In addition, if XYZ Construction has a site office at the construction site then that office can be mapped using the XYZ Construction name.  It, after all, is open and would not mislead users.  It would be considered a branch office, and should be marked as Closed when the site office is removed.

For businesses about to open it is allowed to add them up to 14 days before opening to avoid the issue you describe.

Level 2

@Flash, my dear friend, it's a village 🙂 It's open 24 hours on demand and may be closed because something important arrived 🙂 The same thing with the culture club near. In any case, thanks to everybody for help

@GreggG wrote:

If this place is open as you describe and it is on the map then it is appropriate, but the hours should be set to that exhibit's hours only and if/when that exhibit ends the museum should be marked closed again.

Level 1

find another place