iMarbot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@NicacioS wrote:

Please,

Reevaluate the Category item.

There are cases where the Category simple is not accepted, you can find an equivalent that is accepted.

I already faced this problem and i decided to change the Category.

Please, if possible send me the screen whit the reason for the refusal.

Maybe i can help.

@iMarbot Yes this too can be a reason. Please try all methods listed as well. 

Level 7

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@iMarbot, I think @NicacioS gave the best solution. Change the category and try again.

1.png

Just see CELL SOLUTION got created after I changed to a similar category!

@HelloSamsonR@tashantamim and @WetCoastCanuck what can we say about the NOT APPLIED issue? Is it still claimed by someone or just a bug that is intentionally kept?

Level 9

Hello @iMarbot

This is a common question to many of us. If you read the article of @GusMoreira , Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

The answer is: "NOT APPLIED" means your editing is not accepted, their is no fixed reason for that,

But from my personal experience I found a point for this; I was trying to add a new place (a restaurant and also a chemist) on google maps via google maker (now it closed) but it was on pending, when map maker was closed I found that restaurant and the chemist was missing from the google maps; then I was trying to add these places again on the google maps but it was denied (NOT APPLIED). I think this is because it was added before but pending.

Level 7

@AbdullahAM, please refer to my post above yours. Do you still believe there are NO FIXED REASONS or NO REASONS at all?

Level 10

Hi @lu5er Did you see the information on your screen regarding the edits that was approved and denied :). The address of the denied edit is different from the approved edit. Please check well, Having a Not Applied Edit might be a result of different things not limited to changing a category of a place as well, e.t.c a wrong address  can be a reason why your edit might be denied :).

Level 7

@HelloSamsonR, yes! you are correct. I might have placed the location in a slightly different position than I did previously and it auto-caught 45/4, SHOLAK PALLY than SHOLAK PALLY. But trust me, I did not write any address manually. That means the grids that Google is using still differ a lot in address even though they fall under the same building. I don't know what to say? Is it a problem on how they process the satellite images?

But they must give an explicit reason on denial. Otherwise it is demoralising for new comers.

Level 9

Hello @lu5er

I didn't say that, it was in that article (what i have linked). 

I said: from my personal experience (i think there is some reasons)

But from my personal experience I found a point for this; I was trying to add a new place (a restaurant and also a chemist) on google maps via google maker (now it closed) but it was on pending, when map maker was closed I found that restaurant and the chemist was missing from the google maps; then I was trying to add these places again on the google maps but it was denied (NOT APPLIED). I think this is because it was added before but pending.

Level 7

@AbdullahAM, apologies. I misinterpreted. I'm terribly sorry, I had no intention to demean you.

Level 5

I have the same problem with my

@iMarbot wrote:

I have submitted a Real Restaurant many times now and it gets marked INSTANTLY as "Not Applied" for no reason. I even include a photo of the place to prove it is real...

I have had places be INSTANTLY accepted before with literally just a name and category...

Please do not link me to https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... because it is a useless post that does not help.

Also, it is not my business please so don't suggest adding it via "My Business".

@iMarbot wrote:

I have submitted a Real Restaurant many times now and it gets marked INSTANTLY as "Not Applied" for no reason. I even include a photo of the place to prove it is real...

I have had places be INSTANTLY accepted before with literally just a name and category...

Please do not link me to https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... because it is a useless post that does not help.

Also, it is not my business please so don't suggest adding it via "My Business".

O

business

Level 9

Hello @lu5er

I didn't mind, this is we just sharing our opinions; sometimes it may be right or wrong.