iMarbot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it with a Photo

I have submitted a Real Restaurant many times now and it gets marked INSTANTLY as "Not Applied" for no reason. I even include a photo of the place to prove it is real...

I have had places be INSTANTLY accepted before with literally just a name and category...

Please do not link me to https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... because it is a useless post that does not help.

Also, it is not my business please so don't suggest adding it via "My Business".

63 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 6
Solution

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@YK1001 wrote:

It is not cool, @lu5er.  But I have to admit more and more often, I care about the data more than Google do.  And that is the source of frustration.

But as we need to get real, so let's talk less about the individual edits.  Unless the edit is having high impact, what we can do is Send Feedback or re-submit.

May be, we can turn our focus and think more about a better way which is having high feasibility to improve the current situation.

I will keep hoping that a better mechanism is in the works.  And I will also hope the approval logics will got updated in the backend without telling us.  Thus it can be keep fine tuned, just like the Google Search algorithm.

We can always dream.

Thanks for the replies. I decided to the edit one last try today (even without a photo as sent from a PC) and it was automatically instantly accepted. I don't know why and at this point I don't care to keep perusing an answer that doesn't exist because of "machine learning".

I will however comment on the fact I have never received any positive outcome from the sending feedback function. Also sadly on the fact GMM had a much wider and diverse feature set than LG will probably ever have 😕

View solution in original post

Level 7

Re: Place INSTANTLY marked as "Not Applied" over 5 times, even though I even submitted it

@iMarbot, the just same thing here. I don't get what's their problem? :@

Level 10

@lu5er , @iMarbot There is a good probability that the businesses might have claimed the locations already but haven't add the places to the map yet , so you can't add / modify it. My suggestion is just move on.

Level 6

@WetCoastCanuck wrote:

@lu5er , @iMarbot There is a good probability that the businesses might have claimed the locations already but haven't add the places to the map yet , so you can't add / modify it. My suggestion is just move on.

That makes no sense. I could create a fake business and "claim" a location and therefor block someone from ever mapping the business, and negatively affecting the business due to less exposure.

Level 7

any solution here @HelloSamsonR  ?

Level 10

Not really, Google My Business is pretty rigorous.. they verify addresses, phone numbers, get people to check up.

@iMarbot wrote:
@WetCoastCanuck wrote:

That makes no sense. I could create a fake business and "claim" a location and therefor block someone from ever mapping the business, and negatively affecting the business due to less exposure.

Level 10

Hi @tashantamim Thanks for mentioning me here and seeking my opinion. I think Westcoastcanuck is making a point, but however we need to make @iMarbot understand the situation as well. @iMarbot Yes there is a tendency the business has been claimed through the Google My Business and it is waiting to be published as well. One thing I would advise you to do as well is to ask the Restaurant owner some questions regarding that. If the answer is No it has not been claimed, this time you can send a feedback to the Google Maps and report the issue and the Google Maps Team will look into it. When sending the feedback, use the help button, it prompts you to a new screen, select the send feedback option at the bottom of the page, it would take you to a next screen, include a screenshot of the restaurant and describe your issues and submit. You can visit this article as well:https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3094045?hl=en&ref_topic=3093612

Kind Regards, 

Samson 

Level 7

I'm sorry I was sleeping.. 😐

@tashantamim@HelloSamsonR@WetCoastCanuck, @iMarbot and @tashantamim don't you think an appropriate message will help newbies like me gain more confidence in LG?

What I mean to say a message like ALREADY CLAIMED, INSUFFICIENT DATA, REJECTED BY SYSTEM, REJECTED BY OTHER LGs or something appropriate makes everything clear for everyone rather than guessing infinite reasons for NOT APPLIED.

Level 9

Please,

Reevaluate the Category item.

There are cases where the Category simple is not accepted, you can find an equivalent that is accepted.

I already faced this problem and i decided to change the Category.

Please, if possible send me the screen whit the reason for the refusal.

Maybe i can help.

Level 7

@NicacioS, can you kindly view this thread? I have it posted already.

Thanks for reaching out.