PaulGermer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

Could u pls give me the moderator's email address?

@PaulGermer wrote:

I can understand not having 100% auto approved map edits, but I have 100% "Not Applied" map edits.

I submitted a map edit from a friends account, with no previous edits, and only 1 review, and the exact same edit

was auto approved and applied to his account.

My edits do not even go into a pending mode, they just say "Not Applied" the instant I submit them.

Level 9

Same here.

Level 8

Hi @PaulGermer, Thank you sharing your activity.

I hope you should be patient. Google take time 24 to 72 hours to approve any place or any edition and publish location mark and some time they google map count view as per date period and another reason could be server problem.

Level 10

Hi @PaulGermer

For no LG edit is instantly approved, some time it is, not every time. 

@Naiem @Magdalena0 @prav_u @hmcs

Level 9

Of course ! But after 3 or 4 days or a week, and they're still orange... ;/

Connect Moderator

When the algorithms cannot make a decision about an edit, it is sent for human review.  That is an involved process and it will take some time.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash wrote:

When the algorithms cannot make a decision about an edit, it is sent for human review.  That is an involved process and it will take some time.

Aha, algorithms. Didn't know that, thanks. But even after getting sent post-algorithm, doesn't week seem like a long time to have the suggested edits still be orange ? No worries. We'll all survive 🙂

Level 9

And then there's this :

The church clearly exists (http://www.visitpantelleria.com/portfolio/chiesa-santa-chiara/) and even someone who left a review for L' Oasi di Venere has said that the name recently changed. And there's a FB page to prove it. I get that this is a kind of out-of-the-way place, but isn't that also the point of us GLG ?

Cheers !

Two just-denied edits.Two just-denied edits.

Connect Moderator

No, a week does not seem like a long time for an involved process.

Remember that you are not the only person submitting edits; Google receives tens of thousands of edits a day.  With that volume being decided upon within a week would be fairly immediate.  Some will not be able to be immediately verified.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Connect Moderator

If a restaurant has been replaced by another one then you should close the first and make a new place.  Trying to change an existing place into another place will get denied.