PaulGermer's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Place Edits are "NOT APPLIED" instantly on my account

@YK1001, Same is happening with me,I searched a place on map and followed driving directions just to find out the place doesn't exist there. Although the address of the place was correct, map marker was wrongly placed. After reaching at correct place with the help of locals, I tried to edit map marker for the place to correct location so that someone else might not follow Google maps to wrong place and suppose that's what local guides are meant to do, still my edit is not approved twice.

Feeling disappointed by the way edit has been moderated on maps. I am local guide 4 and trying hard to move to level 5 so that I can moderate edit and do justice to hardworking and sincere local guides.

Level 8

Hi @NGUDAPE,

No one can have 100% auto-approved map edits.

Google not yet telling how the Automatic-Approval process works.  And details also lacking on how influencial of one's review efforts are via the "Check the facts" plugin.

In General, one very important Mapmaker principal should have stayed unchanged - the more of our edits approved, the higher chance of auto-approval.  But how to implement that, of course, can be fine tuned and actully I hope it will be fine tuned.

My suggestion is to also base on the type and location of edits of a person's history.  If I always edit ATMs in Rome, then for ATM edits in Rome, the system should trust me more than someone which is editing their very first ATM in Rome while travelling.

Normally, we use the "Place Marker" or "Location PIN" to describe the indication of the location of a place Maps.  Using a more well known term will allow better understanding while discuss Mapping issues as it require highly accurate data.

Thank you very much for making Maps better for everyone!

Level 8

Lot of my genuine edits of moving map marker To Help the users to guide the exact location were listed as NOT APPLIED

Level 9

I can understand not having 100% auto approved map edits, but I have 100% "Not Applied" map edits.

I submitted a map edit from a friends account, with no previous edits, and only 1 review, and the exact same edit

was auto approved and applied to his account.

My edits do not even go into a pending mode, they just say "Not Applied" the instant I submit them.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If all edits, no matter what and where you try to edit, are rejected then please read and follow the instructions in the last paragraph at https://mapmaker.google.com/mapmaker/intl/en_ALL/mapfiles/s/guidelines.html.

The decision of that team will be final. Please allow up to a few weeks for your email to be processed.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9
Solution

I had a moderator look into my account which was no longer working at all. Not sure what they did but my account allows me to login again, and I have the ability to create edits that now show "Applied" or "Pending" status.. they no longer go to "Not Applied" instantly. They have not said what they changed. I just got it fixed this morning.

It was frustrating, having everyone say that it was normal, or the edits weren't valid.

Appreciate everyone's assistance.

UPDATE: After emailing the moderator they just replied that "It was a glitch in our system". So no details on what was done to remedy the problem. But all the problems I was experiencing are now fixed.

Level 7

Same problem "Not Applied" and edit is pending for restaurant in Cottonwood Shores. I have done most of the edits and photos, probably over 90 percent for this small city and also install the water and sewer lines. I am a level 5 Local Guide. I am most likely the only local guide in a city that I live and work in . If a "Local Guide" can't get the job done, then who?

Level 9
Level 9

@Krealt Please start your own thread and include a map link to the place in question and a screenshot of the Thank you email you received showing the information you provided in your edit

Level 7

I'm having a smiler issue with my account, I'm trying to add the missing streets to get a direction to a place for one of my customers. All of them changed to not applied when I added themAll of them changed to not applied when I added them

Can you please help me in this ASAP 

Saeed Kabrah
Level 4

Yeah I keep getting these instantly.