mcsnv's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Place Creation] Not Applied - New Grocery Store in Montreal

Hi all,

A new grocery store has recently opened in Montreal and I've been trying to add it to Google Maps. However each time I hit "Submit" the request is automatically denied a few seconds after.

It's already on Facebook, Yelp and Foursquare.

Here are the info:

• Name: Herbivores Marché Végétalien (also tried Herbivores)
  • Address: 3842 Saint Denis Street, Montreal, QC (also tried 3842 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC)
  • Category: Grocery Store (also tried Health food shop)
  • Phone: (438) 290-8585
  • Hours: Mon-Wed 12PM - 9PM, Thu-Sat 12PM - 11PM, Sun 11AM - 9PM

Is there anything else you suggest I try?

Thank you!

3842 Saint Denis Street, Montréal, QC, Canada
4 comments
Level 10

Re: [Place Creation] Not Applied - New Grocery Store in Montreal

@matthieuc wrote:

Hi all,

A new grocery store has recently opened in Montreal and I've been trying to add it to Google Maps. However each time I hit "Submit" the request is automatically denied a few seconds after.

It's already on Facebook, Yelp and Foursquare.

Here are the info:

• Name: Herbivores Marché Végétalien (also tried Herbivores)
  • Address: 3842 Saint Denis Street, Montreal, QC (also tried 3842 Rue Saint-Denis, Montréal, QC)
  • Category: Grocery Store (also tried Health food shop)
  • Phone: (438) 290-8585
  • Hours: Mon-Wed 12PM - 9PM, Thu-Sat 12PM - 11PM, Sun 11AM - 9PM

Is there anything else you suggest I try?

Thank you!

Maybe the owners have created a MyBusiness entry and are awaiting for verification postcard?

Or maybe some business nearby has a similar name and the system triggers as duplicate: checked, there are a lot of "marche" in the zone.

Maybe you are temporary banned from adding places: have you a recent history of update refusals?

Cheers

Level 8

@LucioV wrote:

Maybe the owners have created a MyBusiness entry and are awaiting for verification postcard?

Or maybe some business nearby has a similar name and the system triggers as duplicate: checked, there are a lot of "marche" in the zone.

Maybe you are temporary banned from adding places: have you a recent history of update refusals?

Cheers

Thanks for your answer!

1. I already asked the owner and he hasn't. At least he hasn't yet: I strongly suggested that he should do it as soon as possible. 😉
  2. Good point! However I have the same issue when I try "Herbivores" (without "Marché Végétalien").
  3. I don't think so since all my other submissions for other existing locations (hours, website, etc.) are approved right away.

Any other ideas?

Level 9
Level 9

@matthieuc wrote:

This is totally guesswork but perhaps the wording on their webpage is causing an issue? "Ouverture Printemps 2017" makes is sound like it's not open yet, and if the page has been around a long time then Google search may have indexed it a while back and 'filed' it as a location not currently trading.

If you keep trying to add it you'll probably keep getting the same result. If the owner doesn't want to do this via GMB then you could perhaps report the feature rather than add it in the normal way as this would allow you to add an explanation.

In the desktop version open the map at the desired location
Click the hamburger icon ☰
Click Send feedback
Click Other feedback
Describe your issue or share your ideas
Add a screenshot as directed

Level 8

@PhilipF wrote:
If you keep trying to add it you'll probably keep getting the same result. If the owner doesn't want to do this via GMB then you could perhaps report the feature rather than add it in the normal way as this would allow you to add an explanation.

In the desktop version open the map at the desired location
Click the hamburger icon ☰
Click Send feedback
Click Other feedback
Describe your issue or share your ideas
Add a screenshot as directed

Thanks for the suggestion! Feedback sent. 🙂