vyrtual's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Person's name

When I´m reviewing places to add I find a lot of then with just someone's name on it. It looks like someone's address.

What should I do? Approved it or not?

Thanks

3 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Person's name

Hello @vyrtual,

The only time a person's name should be on the map is:

1. A professional listing - Doctors, veterinarians, dentists, lawyers, realtors, etc. may have a listing for themselves using just their name.  It should not be their home, but rather their business address and it should not be an address marker but rather should be a proper business POI with a proper category such as "Doctor", "Dentist", etc.
  2. The rare case of a company whose name is a person's name

Your example is neither of these, you should deny it.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If an address feature is being added then it should not have either personal information nor company information; it should just be an address.  If it is any different then you should deny it.

As you can see, the dialogue within Maps where you add an address feature specifically mentions this information at the top.

Screenshot_20180711-141703.png

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 7

Hi, thanks for your reply. Let me show what I mean.Screenshot_20180711-191433.png

You can see in the screen that this place has the name GUILHERME SERRA ALVES PERERIA. That's a person, not a place nor a business. It's probably Guilherme's home address. ShoilS I approve it or deny it?

Thanks

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @vyrtual,

The only time a person's name should be on the map is:

1. A professional listing - Doctors, veterinarians, dentists, lawyers, realtors, etc. may have a listing for themselves using just their name.  It should not be their home, but rather their business address and it should not be an address marker but rather should be a proper business POI with a proper category such as "Doctor", "Dentist", etc.
  2. The rare case of a company whose name is a person's name

Your example is neither of these, you should deny it.