jojo522's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Permanently closed places showing still existing since edit is not possible:very serious problem

Permanently closed for actually physically closed places are showing as still existing places since edit is not possible with the message' NOT APPLIED'. It is giving  lot of inconvenience to customers. As LG I tried several times to edit 'as permanently closed' but no use. It seems GA cannot locate or not getting correct picture since the owner of the business himself  may want to show it as still existing in order to show their prestige or credit or whatever it may be..Even the  the address is wrongly given which also cannot be edited.This applied recently to many places which are physically closed but not possible to show since always the  message is"NOT APPLIED. resulting in loosing interest for sincere work. This is a very serious problem.Kindly  resolve such problems.immediately for the welfare of GM as the earliest.

Please find link for customers complaint if not believing the reviewer Also please not the wrong address which cannot be corrected. along with my unsuccessful attempt of screen print showing "NOT APPLIED'

https://goo.gl/maps/H77RbLUxumB2

Wrong Address in Review.Food Court, Korum Mall, Mangal pandey Road, Eastern Express highway, Korum, Thane west, Sector 6, Nerul, Thane, Maharashtra 400606

Correct Address: Sector 6, Nerul, Thane, Maharashtra 400706

jojo
Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Permanently closed places showing still existing since edit is not possible:very serious pro

hi @jojo522

when we Edit a Place Google Team will review your edits, so your changes might take some time to be updated on the map. Google may email you about the status of your edits and may forward you questions from other people who review your edits.

so sometimes it takes more time and sometimes our Edits are not applied.

i already faced that types of same problem.

so alternate way you can send Feedback From Google Maps.

1. Open Google Maps and make sure you’re signed in.
  2. In the top left, click the Menu .
  3. Click Send feedback.
    Note: If you're using Maps in Lite mode, you’ll see Send general feedback.
  4. Choose Other feedback.
  5. To add a screenshot with your feedback, follow the instructions.
  6. Click Send.
Tips for giving good feedback
  • Be as specific as possible. If you're not sure what something is called, you can describe it instead. The more we know, the more likely we can fix it.
  • Include as much information as you can. Tell us what you were doing, what happened, and what you expected.

hope it helps.

Source : https://goo.gl/GiibVv

Happy Mapping 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

Re: Permanently closed places showing still existing since edit is not possible:very serious pro

Thanks for your concern.

@jojo522

@iDepp

Level 10

Thanks

jojo
Connect Moderator

Hello @jojo522,

Am I understanding the situation correctly?  Is this location closed, but a new location has opened elsewhere?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

The location is closed permanently. As far as i Know new location is not opened anywhere.

jojo
Connect Moderator

What you are up against is that this is a GMB verified location, and the owner's claim it is still open.  GMB claimed locations can be difficult to edit if the owner's are inputting different information via their GMB dashboard.  The direction to use "Submit Feedback -> Other Feedback" is correct, but please be warned that the owners of the chain can still tell GMB the place needs to be restored.  When you submit feedback you are going to need to be very clear that the website is out of date, as the person processing your feedback will likely look at the website.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 10

Without giving the facilities and showing opening is in fact a part of advertisement strategy of the owner, which cannot be accepted since the information is wrong and the customer is suffering for it. It affects the authenticity of GM. So I think taking it as serious GA has to interfere to resolve the problem for the welfare of GA in future..

jojo