pgyamtsho's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Pending Maps Addition

I have browsed many past discussions on "Not Applied." But none of the responses or solution satisfied me.

I am  in Level 7. There are few Local Guides in Bhutan. As a local community member, we know best of the local places and centres. But, whatever the reasons, Google Map has not given any satisfactory performances for many months.

Although the places which I try to add are valid without any repetition, it gives that weird "Not Applied" error immediately. Many suggested changes remained pending for many months. I also see some place names which were available before disappeared. I am not sure whether Google is trying to edit local places by moderators based in their regional offices. The moderators may moderate the duplicate places but not the original places. Best person who know the local place is own local people based in respective countries. 

I am one of the active contributors to the Google Map in Bhutan. I think Google is not trusting or recognizing the Local Guides who are trying to contribute as mush as resources they can to enhance the local map with more features, reviews, and pictures. It is a discouraging trend from Google Maps. 

If they feel the moderators are not able to determine the genuineness of addition or edits, have some local guides help them!

While Google provides platform to contribute, we are happy to contribute resources of our own place. I don't think any moderators based in the USA or elsewhere would know each and every place in Bhutan!

Bhutan
3 comments
Level 8

Re: Pending Maps Addition

Very true. A small community of Google local guides in Bhutan including the author has been trying to contribute our best but Google is not acknowledging our efforts. Without proper street addresses and with ever changing business locations, tracking places in Bhutan is far more difficult than anyone can imagine but we “Google Local Guides of Bhutan” are trying hard to make it easy for Google, tourists and ourselves.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Pending edits happen to all editors of the map, no matter their location or whether or not they are Local Guides.  Due to people who purposely damage the map and others that do so through ignorance, edits need to go through a review process that can sometimes falsely deny an edit or at other times might require a long pending period before approval.  Your efforts are most certainly appreciated, it is just unfortunate that others created a situation where Google cannot simply publish everything immediately.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Well, I understand why Google Maps has put this mechanism in place. But instead of simply nullifying the works after keeping there in pending, it will be be immense benefit of the Google Maps could collect some additional information to substantiate their work. Or else, this practice simple discredits the local guides’ works.