Jared's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Pending Edit on Office Move

Last week my work moved to a new location. I've been waiting for quite a few days for this to be approved and was wondering if someone could push this through.

Veritone, Inc used to be in Newport Beach, CA

New location: 

575 Anton Blvd Costa Mesa, CA 92626
33.689053, -117.878541

Veritone, Inc., Via Lido, Newport Beach, CA, United States
10 comments
Level 9

Re: Pending Edit on Office Move

@Jared I can understand the problem you are facing. 

But my dear we need link for quick response. 

Can you plz share a link? 

Keep ☺ 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

Sorry, I thought the "Add a Location to this Discussion" would take care of that.

Here's the location: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Veritone,+Inc./@33.6177916,-117.9299209,17z/data=!4m11!1m5!8m4!1e4...

Level 9

Hello @Jared there are two ways to change the address of your office. 

Follow the link mention below. 

https://www.google.com/business/how-it-works/?

Or 

Contact with nearest local guides. 

Happy Mapping 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 6

I think you miss read my first post. I am a local guide. I already have the changes pending but it's been over 5 days

Level 7

My guess is that the Google algorithms and human researches are stymied by not finding evidence that Veritone exists at the new location.

Is my assumption correct that what you have done was to drag the location marker from the Newport Beach location to the Costa Mesa location?

Have you also tried marking the NB location as closed and simply creating from scratch a place for your business in CM?

Two additional suggestions, drrop the ",Inc." from the GMaps place name, but include the suite number in the new address, e.g.

575 Anton Blvd, Suite 200, Costa Mesa, CA 92626

Level 6

That's what I figured but I was hoping a higher level user could review and approve the edits. I guess that's not how LGs work.

I just tried those changes and I'm pretty sure they're flagged for additional review like the previous edits.

Closing and opening a new location might be the best solution, that's what I had to do over at Foursquare.

Level 7

One thing I forgot to mention, the new GMaps point of interest for Veritone should have a phone number

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If you have used the "Moved" option within Maps then no further edits are necessary.  Your edit will be queued up and will be reviewed in turn by a Google employee.  Unfortunately that queue is quite long at this time.

I do see that the place is claimed in Google My Business.  If you can find the person at your company that controls the GMB listing then they can move it via the GMB dashboard.  This would be quicker, but not instantaneous as Google will almost certainly need to verify the new location by sending a postcard.  There is the possibility that your workmate who is responsible has already initiated the process and is awaiting that postcard.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 6

@sputnikjim wrote:

One thing I forgot to mention, the new GMaps point of interest for Veritone should have a phone number

It does.