VicV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Option: Add a missing location

I can not add the Arc de Triomphe in the city of Sevastopol, Crimea. What am I doing wrong?

I have a feeling that the introduction of new objects is impossible in this local area?

And which category should be chosen for this object?
I ask you to clarify and consult.

Here are the coordinates of the place:
44°34'40.7"N 33°33'51.0"E

44.577976, 33.564158

There is an architectural structure. This is a huge arch at the entrance to the city. Here is her photo:

44°34'40.7"N 33°33'51.0"E 44.577976, 33.56415844°34'40.7"N 33°33'51.0"E 44.577976, 33.564158

And strange things are happening!
I copy the coordinates that Google gives to this place. I open Google maps anew. I insert there these coordinates and a certain place opens in my city !!!!Триумфальная Арка Севастополя странные координаты.jpg

Крымский полуостров
7 comments
Level 10

Re: Option: Add a missing location

Hi @VicV

Did you add a place to the map?

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Google is currently working on adding advanced editing to Maps.  At this time the features that can be added in Maps are limited to a specific subset of categories.  The appropriate category for the arch is not available for you to edit.  Instead please use "Send feedback -> Other feedback" to ask that Google add the feature.

Please be aware that the queue for such requests is very long.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

Good to hear, @Flash.  Maybe some further news out of the I/O, too.

Flash wrote: Hello, Google is currently working on adding advanced editing to Maps...

Level 10

Олег, привет! Я после той неудачной попытки больше не пробовал.

Level 10

Олег, я попробовал сейчас еще раз. Вообще творится что-то неладное. Но я предполагаю, что Гугл некое табу наложил на этот регион.

Ввожу адрес из выпадающего меню, выбираю Севастополь, ул.Генерала Мельника и пытаюсь сохранить, но поле с адресом помечается красным. Перетаскивание маркера не помогает. Может быт ты попробуешь?Триумфальная Арка Севастополя.jpg

Level 10

Олег! И еще. Начала вводить сейчас заново. Скопировал координаты. Вставляю их в гугл карты и мне выдает некое место, которое находится в моем городе!!! Странно всё это. Поможешь разобраться в чем может быть дело?Триумфальная Арка Севастополя странные координаты.jpg

Level 10

Да сейчас выскакивает такая ошибка.  И способов добавления нет. @VicV

Можно пробовать оставить отзыв об ошибке  - внизу справа на экране

Добавить описание и информацию к отзыву. Возможно редактора рассмотрят и добавят. Но надеяться на быстрое решение не стоит - очень много изменений идет на карты

По координатам надо их проверить