Maaknplan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Not applied twice, please review

The company Nampak flexible was bought out by Amcor over a year ago.

I have been trying to edit the map to reflect this.

My photo showing the building with new branding has been published but my edits are still rejected.

Accurate maps are not going to happen this way

Ndabeni, Cape Town, South Africa
5 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Not applied twice, please review

If only part of the company was purchased then this would not be considered a rebranding under Google's rules for rebranding.  This would be why your edits are being rejected.

Instead of trying to change the current place; please set the location to "Closed" and create a new POI for Amcor.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hello @Maaknplan,

According to http://www.nampak.com/, they are still using the Nampak branding.  Are there still locations branded as Nampak?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Yes Nampak still operate other divisions.

Amcor bought Nampak Flexible

Level 6
Connect Moderator
Solution

If only part of the company was purchased then this would not be considered a rebranding under Google's rules for rebranding.  This would be why your edits are being rejected.

Instead of trying to change the current place; please set the location to "Closed" and create a new POI for Amcor.

Level 6

Ok Ill try that thanks