Sourabh_says's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Not applied mapping

When I try to add or edit the place apply for approval it's show not applied  pls fix this issueScreenshot_2017-03-27-07-31-18-010_com.google.android.apps.maps.png

Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh, India
7 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not applied mapping

Hi Sourabh, if your edit says 'not applied' that means that it hasn't passed the approval process. This doesn't mean the information you submitted was wrong necessarily. If the listings were claimed then the business owner would have received a notification about the edit and given the opportunity to accept or reject them if they don't believe they're accurate. Alternatively, Google will also look at external sources such as the business website and directories to tell if your suggestion is accurate. They'll also ask other local guides to verify your information. Any of these factors could have resulted in these changes not being approved.

To make sure your edits have the best chance of being approved, it's a good idea to know the guidelines on the page below back to front. If your edit is rejected and you're certain it's accurate, you can message the Google My Business team directly on Twitter. Best of luck editing!

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

https://twitter.com/googlemybiz?lang=en

Level 7

@Anonymous

When I try  add place that is local place Street and department  work under university .

@LachlanW wrote:

Hi Sourabh, if your edit says 'not applied' that means that it hasn't passed the approval process. This doesn't mean the information you submitted was wrong necessarily. If the listings were claimed then the business owner would have received a notification about the edit and given the opportunity to accept or reject them if they don't believe they're accurate. Alternatively, Google will also look at external sources such as the business website and directories to tell if your suggestion is accurate. They'll also ask other local guides to verify your information. Any of these factors could have resulted in these changes not being approved.

To make sure your edits have the best chance of being approved, it's a good idea to know the guidelines on the page below back to front. If your edit is rejected and you're certain it's accurate, you can message the Google My Business team directly on Twitter. Best of luck editing!

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177?hl=en

https://twitter.com/googlemybiz?lang=en

I face same problems

Level 9
Level 9

@LachlanW wrote:

If your edit is rejected and you're certain it's accurate, you can message the Google My Business team directly on Twitter.

Hmm, not sure Google wants the GMB twitter team fielding Local Guide questions

Level 8

Hi everyone,

Please remember that Google My Business is set up to support the business owners or their authorised representatives. Local Guides have support through this forum and its moderators as well as other Local Guides.

Google Maps Platinum Product Expert, Top Contributor for Google Map Maker (Product Retired) and Regional Lead (Product Retired).
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take your point Philip and Greg. While I have seen the GMB twitter team respond to queries about business edits, they're not set up for this purpose. This forum should still be the fastest way to resolve issues if you're a Local Guide. 

Level 10

@LachlanW wrote:

This doesn't mean the information you submitted was wrong necessarily. If the listings were claimed then the business owner would have received a notification about the edit and given the opportunity to accept or reject them if they don't believe they're accurate.

Hi LachlanW,

The GMB claimed listing owner only receives information about a change after it has been made (or using Google Maps terminology after it's been applied). Said differently, a suggested edit isn't placed in a pending/review status while a message is sent to the owner -- who would then need to reply.  The GMB owner can accept or reject the change, however, that doesn't occur until after the edit has been approved by Google Maps.

Level 10

@GregMcG wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please remember that Google My Business is set up to support the business owners or their authorised representatives. Local Guides have support through this forum and its moderators as well as other Local Guides.

Hi Greg,

When you have a chance could you clarify this reply as it relates to referring questions to GMB, in this thread, and my reply to Pea's comment.

Thanks!

@GregMcG @Pea @MapWrangler