Niecieden's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Not Applied - Museum cafes

I have tried to add a new museum cafe and to change the name of another, but both have been designated as not applied.

The Riviera Style Cafe - this was a temporary name given to the established cafe (within the building) at the Fashion and Textile Museum cafe during the run of its exhibition 'Riviera Style' from 22 May – 13 September 2015. Once the exhibition closed, the cafe reverted to its permanent name, The Museum Cafe. Since then the cafe has come under new management and is now known as No83 Museum Café & Bar. This change of name can also be seen on Google Street View The Fashion and Textile Museum is at 83 Bermondsey Street, London SE1 3XF.

Hayward Gallery Cafe - this is a new cafe in the reopened and newly refurbished Hayward Gallery, part of the Southbank Centre, London. Before the gallery was refurbished, there used to be a cafe & bar called Concrete and which is still showing as open on Google (I've just marked as permanently closed). The link to Concrete's website displays the range of eating places at the Southbank Centre, and Concrete isn't one of them.

The Hayward Gallery has only just reopened. at the end of January 2018. with the new cafe. As the web text says, 'The new Hayward Gallery Cafe has been designed by award-winning Architecture and Design Studio Softroom, and features a newly commissioned mural by artist Giles Round.'

The Hayward Cafe is within the Hayward Gallery at 337-338 Belvedere Rd, Lambeth, London SE1 8XX.

In both instances, I added as much information as possible when reporting to Google, including weblinks, and it's frustrating when taking great care to provide as much information as allowed when making these changes, there is no way of knowing what criteria is used when making a decision to not apply them. This is the type of local knowledge that I hoped would be of value to Google Maps.

Is there any way that these changes can be re-checked and applied so that the information is accurate?

London, UK
2 comments
Level 8

Re: Not Applied - Museum cafes

I see your problem, I think you need to delete the location 'Riviera Style café, as its links within the Google database will be wrong. 

1. Suggest an edit

2. go to the top "Place is permanently closed or has never existed"

3. Select "permanently closed"

You might have an issue is your try to create a new location with the same telephone number (that's if the old phone number is kept), the software might think its a duplicate. will the old number be kept?

Level 8

Re: Not Applied - Museum cafes

Hi Colin

Thank you so much for your advice. It seems the only solution, although it seems a bit drastic to mark it as permanently closed when the name was only temporary changed for the course of an exhibition. I'll check out the phone number, although that may have remained the same as it's part of the museum and not an independent cafe.

Denise