Martin_G's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

No points for editing

Hello local guides team,

Last seven days I made a lot of editing in our town, but no point to my local guides account. Please could you check if I do something bad.

Thanks.

Martin.

Community moderator: Slovak Local Guides

11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: No points for editing

Hello,

Matthew is correct, your edits need to be reviewed and published before points will be granted for them.  As long as you are making good edits you can expect them to come in the future and can continue to add more edits.

Thanks for making the map an even better resource!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 7

I believe that edits need to be verified in order for you to get points for them.  This has taken some time in my experience.

Level 8

@Mcfleurybut I see in my board thad editing are valid and in past I received point after editing.

I mean that something was change, but I don´t know what.

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

Matthew is correct, your edits need to be reviewed and published before points will be granted for them.  As long as you are making good edits you can expect them to come in the future and can continue to add more edits.

Thanks for making the map an even better resource!

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@Flash@Mcfleuryyou have right. Today I received next point. We must only wait. 🙂

Level 10

Your edits will be verified by Google. If found the edits are correct Google will surely add points. Google generally takes 24 hours to review the edit. Don't worry. Carry on uploading or editing.

Level 10

@prasunkumarb wrote:

Your edits will be verified by Google. If found the edits are correct Google will surely add points. Google generally takes 24 hours to review the edit. Don't worry. Carry on uploading or editing.

Hello Prasunkumarb

In my case, I make the edits (add website and in some, website and phone number, they actually get published (I get a notification and email to this effect), but the points for edits remain the same, no change. Any help understanding this?

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Former Google Contributor

Hi @bassey, points (especially for editing and adding a place) may take some time to be updated. I recommend giving it a couple of days, and if you are still not awarded the points, feel free to reach out to the moderators. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

@Flash

@Martin_G

@JeslynL

@bassey

@prasunkumarb

I too agree with flash

As I have edited many places

Points are coming automatically later on

Even I got points after 1 month too

Keep guiding

Level 8

Hello,

In my case (with a former RL + LG trusted accesses), the edits are almost published after a few seconds, but the points are not updated.

So, do we have to wait about 24h for updating the points of the edits even if they are published?