SovitaD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

No option for "Suggest an edit" , "Add a Photo" and "Write a Review".

For this place Rastriya Sabha Griha Options for "Suggest an edit" , "Add a Photo" and "Write a Review" are not available, Only editing label is allowed. Why this happens?
Is there any solution? 
Attempted using Android App as well as Desktop app.
SabhaGriha.png

Nepal
20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: No option for "Suggest an edit" , "Add a Photo" and "Write a Review&quo

@SovitaD ji,

this feature is boundary feature, we can not add reviews to boundary features, previous we are allowed to create boundary for feature which was closed later in map maker also. and this feature is not allowed in map edits.

At such place you can create new feature over there. You can not review such features neither you can edit. 

Update: you can not add reviews,photos and videos to feature with boundaries

there is Workarounds  method as stated by @Anonymous, as mentioned by @Flash you can not add like this. You can loss your contributions in future.

Pushpendra nepal Nepal Local Guide | My Contributions

View solution in original post

Level 10

@SovitaD I also came across places like this.

Level 9

Re: No option for "Suggest an edit" , "Add a Photo" and "Write a Review&amp

@AnuradhaP Got to see other post for No Add photo Option and Review option but I am not seeing anything at all 😞

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Only places that are in the subset of categories that is commonly known as the Establishment subset have have those options.  Features in other subsets do not have them.  To know if this is correctly categorized, please explain more about Rastriya Sabha Griha.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash That place is public building for indoor functions including Conferences,Cultural Programmes, Exhibitions and more.
Currently its category is City or Town Hall as seen on Android App as follows:

Screenshot_20170526-102837.png

Level 9
Solution

@SovitaD ji,

this feature is boundary feature, we can not add reviews to boundary features, previous we are allowed to create boundary for feature which was closed later in map maker also. and this feature is not allowed in map edits.

At such place you can create new feature over there. You can not review such features neither you can edit. 

Update: you can not add reviews,photos and videos to feature with boundaries

there is Workarounds  method as stated by @Anonymous, as mentioned by @Flash you can not add like this. You can loss your contributions in future.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dear Local Guides 

@SovitaD As other Local Guides and support team said you don't have option to edit & reviws but @PushpendraKhadka @Flash @AnuradhaP i have a method to add photos to that all un-editedable places, select the pictures from your smartphone, find option of share, Google Maps, type the place name and send, the photos will be uploaded to that place, i have already uploaded a lot of Photos to such placeWhen you click share to Google, suggested places will shown but you click "somewhere else" and type your desired location nameWhen you click share to Google, suggested places will shown but you click "somewhere else" and type your desired location name

Thank you

Ata Ur Rehman 

Connect Moderator

@PushpendraKhadka, I'm afraid I had to remove the best answer denotion on your post as the update you provided is a workaround.  Workarounds should not be promoted unless Google has approved them.  If a particular feature is blocked or not provided then submitting it via another method where the block was forgotten can lead to bad data and may see the contributions deleted in the future.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Flash i was not aware about Workarounds  process, thanks for your suggestion.

Level 10

Hi @SovitaD I think the best way is to create another POI, wait to be approved for creation and, after that, add photos and reviews, and then ask to merge marking it as duplicated.

I suggest you the category "community center" or "city government office", or you can choose from the public list of (coming from GMB support pages and confirmed by Googler @Rodrigo_P ) of categories: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10QhWFmHYhZI7FL7cQZUqkDkRbexPVthEIfp8iibhA3s/edit?usp=sharing

That's what seems Google suggest in these cases; i know you are concerned about adding useful informations, and not on Local Guides points 😉