mumrahte's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

New road suggestion added through Google Maps, was added incorrectly

I added a suggestion for a missing road that is part of a new subdivision, it seems like the official map person accidentally updated the whole segment to an incorrect road name. 

Is there any recourse for helping fix this easily, or am I just going to have to keep submitting map edits?

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: New road suggestion added through Google Maps, was added incorrectly

You cannot make this edit directly, as the simple editing in Maps does not have the ability to add intersections.  Right now the entire road length is one segment, and both route names have been applied to the entire length.

You will need to use "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback" to describe that the road needs to have an intersection added at that point, and then to further explain what the names are on either side of the intersection.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 9

@mumrahte thanks a lot for letting us know about error in map.

let me help you on this.

You can let us know about incorrect or missing information that you notice when using Google Maps.

Fix wrong info about a road by following the suggestion mention below.
  1. Open the Google Maps app Google Maps.
  2. Tap Menu Menu and then Send feedback and then Edit the map.
  3. To report your issue, follow the instructions.
  4. Tap Send.

For more information have a look on the video mention below.

Hope it helps you to edit the road.

Happy mapping & keep smile.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 5

Its weirder then that, when I go to edit it only lets me choose to edit the old road name, but on the map it now shows a different name, Not sure if they are overlapped, or if the map just hasn't finished updating to the new name or what. 

Level 7

Can you give us the name of the road, and its town state and country so we can find it in Gmaps?

A weblink (URL) would be even better.

Level 5

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mocora+Ct,+Mason,+OH+45040/@39.3926353,-84.3379828,17z/data=!4m5!3...

sabal way and Mocora Court. Sabal way should be that portion that turns right off lady palm, the only portion of Mocora Court that exists currently is the little bit that 90degress off of Sabal.

Eventually (probably within the next few months lady palm will extend north, and Mocora court will extend east till it intersects Lady Palm. 

I think We might need to fine tune the GPS coords of the road too, I added it as part of mapmaker, but I didn't have exact map coordinates, so close, but approximate.

Connect Moderator
Solution

You cannot make this edit directly, as the simple editing in Maps does not have the ability to add intersections.  Right now the entire road length is one segment, and both route names have been applied to the entire length.

You will need to use "Send Feedback -> Other Feedback" to describe that the road needs to have an intersection added at that point, and then to further explain what the names are on either side of the intersection.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Ugh thats a huge pain, I miss mapmaker. Thanks for the help.

Level 7

Thanks This Video is Really Helpful.

Thanku so much.

nitish kumar