drkng31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

New places addition

Hi,

I've added two new places this week. One of them was immediately added, and one of them is still pending. Do you know why is taking so long?

And I've also suggested a few times that a bar located on the  street I live was closed, and it was rejected every time. I know for sure that it's closed, and I don't know why it has been rejected. 

Thanks!

2 comments
Level 8

Re: New places addition

Hi @drkng31,

The edit suggestions you make to Maps are being verified by an automated system. In some cases, the system decides that your suggestion requires human verification. This can either be achieved by asking other users (Check the Facts) or a Google staff member.

The Check the Facts verification process requires an x number of Maps users to agree with you, so the time it takes to either get the desired Approved response or a Not Applied all depends on the number of people it takes to accept your edit and how long it takes to crowdsource this information.

With the human verification by a Google staff member, your edit ends up in a job queue. The time it takes to get to the front of the queue, of course, all depends on how busy it is in your region with such human verification jobs. It can take months!

I hope this answers your question.

With kind regards,

Jeroen

Level 8

Re: New places addition

P.S.

Your other topic, related to the bar, should be posted as a separate case with detailed information, including the link to the map listing you are talking about and by explaining what you did that got the Not Applied. This way, experts and experienced mappers on this forum can analyze your case and give their opinion and advice.

There are a large number of reseasons why the system could immediately respond with the infamous Not Applied. Check out this inventory of reasons that lists some of them.