Vegemite's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

New Points System - Will we be updated?

Hey Folks,

Just checking that there's a plan for existing users to be updated to the new point system?

Hopefully existing guides will be updated, because I'd have 640 points on the new system versus 180 on the current!

Would be nice if the blog article covering the changes could confirm something like this 🙂

I imagine we will be, but why not ask!

4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: New Points System - Will we be updated?

I'm pretty sure that our points system will be updated eventually @Vegemite! They have to roll out the system to millions of users so it could take time. Otherwise, on the blog post there should probably be a reference to the old points system and maybe a disclaimer to advise that it is being rolled out, or people could get restless and riot over their lost points.

View solution in original post

Level 10
Solution

I'm pretty sure that our points system will be updated eventually @Vegemite! They have to roll out the system to millions of users so it could take time. Otherwise, on the blog post there should probably be a reference to the old points system and maybe a disclaimer to advise that it is being rolled out, or people could get restless and riot over their lost points.

Level 6

The interesting thing here is that I just took a look, my points have wildly increased and all the contributions are incorrect 😛

2017-06-14 Google Maps.png

Level 8

It's being rolled out gradually. I just got the LGC badge for level 7, but on Google Maps, I'm level 5.

Screen Shot 2017-06-14 at 10.48.41 am.png

Level 10

Looks like your 'facts checked' and 'answers' are now being counted as points. So it is slowly constructing and rolling out.

Once they're done, they'll most likely multiply your reviews, added places, edits and such and then boom! Many points for you! Yay!