Ohio_Dad's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

New Locations and Revisions not being approved

I've been doing this for a while now, and within the last week new locations aren't being approved. And basic revisions like misspelled names for locations aren't being approved? Is it because there is low engagement with Local Guides/Maps in this area or am I hitting some sort of filter?

Portsmouth, OH, United States
3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: New Locations and Revisions not being approved

Hi @Ohio_Dad take at a look at this post, this explains why some edits are pending or not applied.

Level 8

Yes, I get that, but something as simple as a spelling mistake during the addition of a new place shouldn't cause the place to be added, and then the correction to the spelling error not to be approved.

Several of the locations that I've added have had all information (address, website, phone number, hours, and photos of the same attached) but not approved. In areas that aren't Google Maps inclined and have a dearth of Local Guides, such as rural Ohio, then those locations will sit pending for a long time. For example the spelling error...the correction has sat pending for over a month.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

Reviewing of edits is done by automated systems and manually by employees.

If the automated system could not make a determination, your edit will be placed in queue for employee review.   The queue is quite long; this has nothing to do with location but rather it is volume based.  The only way "ruralness" might contribute is that it also might be an indicator that there is less resources for the automated systems to consult, thus increasing your chances that you might have to wait for a manual review.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages