NDBG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: New Google Local Guide members

Oh, I never thought about that possibility, thank you.

@NalinK, if I misunderstood, my apologies.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

If we are posting information about a location then obviously a location involves people and people are exactly what a community is about. We are not taking pictures of buildings so buildings can look up other buildings, we are taking pictures of locations people have the ability to look up locations up to see what they are all about, I'm good happy customers is 90% but they are usually all about. for Community involvement. People will be looking this information up on Google Maps which is means it is still an open source product. For example if I am looking up a McDonald's location and I see a family eating and smiling to eat at this location. 

I never said every picture Gregg I said a few.

The article that you guys keep posting that's not restrain us from taking pictures of the locations with happy people involved. Again, if it is about the location and don't you think that location would love for others to be able to see how happy their customers are.

So I have not violated any of Google's regulations on this project in fact I may have inspired a few young local guides and obviously I have taken a lot of time away from you gentlemen because I see how upset you are over this one post however you are wrong and you need to stop being negative on my post. I haven't done anything wrong and I have not had anybody else to do anything wrong I have tried spread the same enjoyment to others that I receive from this project. Please stop ruining that for myself and anybody else that gave me Kudos on this or simply enjoyed reading it.

Connect Moderator

If you are suggesting to include people in a few pictures, please do modify your original post as right now it says to include yourself and gives the impression it should be done in as many pictures as possible.

However, even then I would not be sure if that is good advice.  People have a right to privacy and to being compensated for their image.  This is why Google goes out of it's way to blur anyone picked up in Street View, even though they are on public roads.  For commercial publications, if someone is being included in photos inside a place then a photographer would normally need to get model releases from each of them.  Don't forget that Maps is a commercial product.  I don't think Google is too worried about the occasional person being picked up in a photo, but purposely including people to showcase the place normally requires indication of their consent.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

I never said anything about random people and your interpretation about what I said is not my fault so no I will not change my original post and you need to leave me alone this is beginning to become harassment I'm sure you have things to do today Gregg. Again I did nothing wrong, now get over yourself. Leave my post alone, and quit being so negative it's annoying and repulsive

Level 5

Greg let him speak for themselves the bottom line is you are out of place here and you need to stop Crossing that line because you're not a cop are you law enforcement, nor have I broken any is Google so get out of my inspirational post please, unless you are going to be positive from here on out.

You need to learn to accept when you're wrong.

Connect Moderator

I am sorry if I offended you, but please do note that it is not just myself who sees your edit in the way I did.  Everyone that commented here had the same thing to say.  This does not appear to be an issue on my end.

Please also realize that this is a forum.  If you post, expect responses.  If your post is unclear or seems inappropriate, you will need to accept that people responses will mention that fact.

I'm glad to know that you enjoy highlighting places and helping others to do so, that is what builds a strong community.  At no time did I want you to feel you were not part of the community, but I did want to ensure others received correct information.  Since everyone that commented is understanding your initial post to say something different than you say you intended, I suggested you edit it.  If you don't feel that is necessary then that is your choice, but that does not stop the right of anyone to comment on it.

Thank you for helping others to find and enjoy places in your area.

Level 8

OMG you guys have misunderstood what i said 🙂

i said i disagree with @NDBG's original post about adding photos to google maps with family members or yourself. like @Flash mentioned in his reply we are taking a snap of a place just to give an idea what we can see or find that place. in other words picture which we are taking is about the place or historical value. its not about the photographer or anyone 🙂

if you wanna have a memorial pic with a place you can have it but publishing a photo with a person inst appropriate  ( due to privacy concern )

and the post which i liked was a google guide for adding photographs to google maps. it clearly says which type of photos they are expecting 🙂

PS : i too uploaded at least 10 pictures with myself or friends during early stage of lg contributions but after reading several guides n rules i decided to delete those pics 🙂

PPS : sorry if anyone got hurt or so by my reply 🙂

cheers

Level 2

I couldn't imagine my own sentiment written more clearly...