cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Need help adding a location

Place name: Lugarnica Praprot

Category: Mountain cabin

Problem: when I try to add it, it says tat the national park Risnjak alredy exists, and if I try to add it anyway it just list's it as NOT APPLIED, tried changing the name details and cordinates, but to no sucess

8 comments
Level 5

Re: Need help adding a location

45.4748025, 14.7367416 are the cordinates

Connect Moderator

Please read this thread @Perinjo

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? By @GusMoreira

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

I hope it's helping you.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 5

I already read that article, I always try to solve my problems before asking for help, 

Problem in this case is that adding locarions within national park's triggers an error, and end result is that I can't add the location somebody else has to, I think that once the place is added there shouldn't be any more problems, but somebody has to add it.

45.4748025, 14.7367416 lugarnica praprot

Level 8

I'm not sure, but I think that "Mountain cabin" as public transport should be added by Google Transit service by owner only (means Google Transit Partners).

All public transport categories (example: bus stop, railway station) are prohibited to add them to GMaps by normal Maps user.

Regards

:-Przemo.

Edited: uuuuuuuups! it means, that I didn't understand what "mountain cabin" means. Sorry, next time I will check every word in the dictionary....

Connect Moderator

Hello @Perinjo,

Please describe more what you are attempting to add.  Is this a rented accomodation?  Is there a front desk or other management onsite, and thus a phone number that rings at the location?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash,

There is a red-roofed building at those map coordinates that, based on the terrain in the area and lack of other nearby structures, could be described as a mountain cabin.

GMaps shows it as in the town of Kalić, Croatia. 

I cannot say for sure by a mere satellite view, however, that it does or does not have on-site management.

Fourquare locates a rental property called "Paprot Lugarnica at about the same latitude but roughly 5 km to the west of the coordinates given previously in this thread.  Photos in the foursquare listing show that the structure has a red roof.

Level 5

Foursquare location is WAAAAAAAY off, the pictures are authentic ! 

No Reception, and no onsite management. you call a guy he gives you the keys shows you around, and comes back when you're done, It has about 20- 25 beds in the attic, a dining room inside, a bar, kitchen with two refrigerators and a gas stove, bathroom, but no shower or bathtub, water is rainwater, electricity comes from the nearby generator, outside there are 4 tables each with two benches that can seat 6 ppl per bench. there is a grill, gas and wood , about 30m west of the cabin there is an freshwater spring. oh and the meadow has two football goals.
Contact person Marijan 098633592, language Croatian
Place name: Lugarnica Praprot
Type: private house/ Mountain cabin contact person is the owner
Cabin Is in the middle in the woods 15-20 minute drive from the nearest village

Can somebody now please add the place on map or not ?

Connect Moderator

Hello again @Perinjo,

I'm sorry, but what you describe cannot be mapped, which is likely why you are having issues.

Rentals and places for sale are not permitted on the map.

What can be mapped, as long as it meets all the other conditions to be mapped, is the rental office.  That is what then allows hotels, apartment buildings and proper B&Bs (not AirBNBs) to be mapped; each has onsite management that places the rental office onsite.  Without that onsite management this mountain cabin does not qualify to be on the map.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages