JohnW's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Need a maps update

Theres been a few changes in Portage Wi and the maps crew needs to come out and grab some new pictures for maps and also alter the street changes. I was trying to correct the marker location of the new Aldi Foods store and it cannot be corrected because the building is brand new and they altered the frontage road to accommodate the new building. The current position of the marker is on the wrong building but the actual location of the store shows up on the map as a grassy area adjacent to the frontage road which has now been re-routed. The grass covered area on the map is now the building and parking lot.Aldis revision Portage Wi.PNG

I have enclosed a screenshot of the current map and layout and have marked the position of the new store. the frontage road has been completely altered and moved and that grass does not exist anymore.

The only way to properly correct this would be to get the maps information updated and I know the maps crew has been in this area as I have seen the truck out and about recently on the way to work. The google maps truck is a pretty hard vehicle to miss. Until then that marker is incorrectly marking a store nearby and is incorrect. I don't necessarily need a reply but please forward this information where it needs to go. I have also worked with local cab companies in nearby towns to correct improper address's and other mistakes on other google maps locations in nearby towns. There are other changes in Portage that are incorrect as well and I will be posting updates.