MichaelGwiz's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Need Google Moderator help - Sheriff Department incorrectly identified

https://www.google.com/maps/place/New+Hanover+County+Sheriff/@34.236734,-77.9495282,17z/data=!4m11!1...

This location is not and has never been a location for the Sheriff's department.  I've tried marking this as Closed/Never here, but that edit was declined.  

This location has been a retail location for the past ten years, before that an office, before that vacant.  In fact, there are other businesses in this current location.  It's only a 1200sf first floor, with unlisted businesses on the second and third floors.

To compound this issue, this false location has now received reviews from people praising the sheriff's department, including one from a LG.

This could really benefit from a Google Mod erasing the point out of the system. 

Thanks! - Michael

Wilmington, NC, United States
3 comments
Level 7

Re: Need Google Moderator help - Sheriff Department incorrectly identified

Greetings, @MichaelGwiz

When I opened that link in Gmaps, the place marker on the map was labelled "New Hanover County Sheriff  CLOSED".

Level 7

@sputnikjim thanks for the quick reply.  

Hmmm... It's difficult for me to tell, but looking at it - I do agree, that it does show "Closed."

I just did another search for it, and it disappeared.  Hmm.  Maybe it just showed up in my list because... it's way to early to be doing edits?  LOL.  Lets go with that.

Ah well.  Another non-problem solved.

Level 5
Level 5

I pulled it up on my tablet and got "Closed" as well.  

Having fixed a few "never existed(s)" myself, I think that a new label should be offered for similar places that contributers have "imagined". In my mind, "Closed" infers that the Sheriff's Department has been Closed; not that it was never at that location.  😊