ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Name changed of Polwel Supermarket in Dhaka

Spammer did a biggest spamming here. They change a popular Supermarket Called ''Polwel Supermarket''  to 'khan store' which is a general store.Here is the Place Link  . Just i found this when i am checking my Contributions.

Then they make another new place as Polwel Supermarket to show others that all are right. I can imagine their thoughts.

polwel.png

They make this changed to promote their business on the Google Maps. It seems they verified these places. Thats why i cant make any strong suggest on Maps although i have tried but got NOT APPLIED. Please take a look into here where our 900+ reviews  and photo contributions are placed. 

It is not a new one that spammers selected popular and most reviewed places to promote other business using their spamming attacks. 

Spammer Attack in Dhaka was an important spamming report in Dhaka. We see another spamming on Bangabandhu National stadium.

Please take an action against these spamming to protect our contributions and Maps. 

@TraciC @JeslynL @Flash Please take a look here.

@ErmesT @LucioV @OmarBD @Kamalhasnainee @ShahMdSultan @Naiem @DavidTito waiting for your all feedback here.

Happy Guiding !!  

Dhaka, Bangladesh
27 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Spamming on Polwel Supermarket in Dhaka

Hello,

Thanks for tagging me, but please be aware that tagging a bunch of non-moderators was unnecessary.  What you should do to ensure that your posts get attention is to post them in the appropriate place.  As this is not a feature request I'll move it to the correct forum.

With regards to the issue, in most cases these things are not spam related, but rather just poor mapping that has caused bad merges to occur.  Someone else then likely added the missing feature when they couldn't find it.

You cannot correct a merge via edits.  I'll tag @BruceDM to see if he can escalate this merge.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

@Flash Thanks for your reply and merge this post in a appropriate board. 

But i think this is not about a poor mapping. It is directly the spammers activity. I have seen many post like these spamming before. I also respect your opinions.

Hope Maps team will make this change accurately...

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 8

@ShafiulB I can see what's going here ,and second of all if this is not an issue then why is @Flash exclating this problem as we all know anyone of us Local Guides can fix this issue, so if we are not what is the reason for this @Flash?

Connect Moderator

Despite people constantly thinking these are hijacks, this is almost always simply an improper merge.

Inappropriate merges can only be fixed by Google; it requires access into the back end.  Even when we had Map Maker inappropriate merges needed to be escalated for repair.  Attempting to repair it via edits will just create more of a mess.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

@Flash if you feel this is more than average issues surely we looking at a flaged protocol. I'm thinking of learning aspect for us to hay this is a fulse alarm or do we take direct avenue like you said we need

To know clear signs if that makes sense

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for tagging me, but please be aware that tagging a bunch of non-moderators was unnecessary.  What you should do to ensure that your posts get attention is to post them in the appropriate place.  As this is not a feature request I'll move it to the correct forum.

With regards to the issue, in most cases these things are not spam related, but rather just poor mapping that has caused bad merges to occur.  Someone else then likely added the missing feature when they couldn't find it.

You cannot correct a merge via edits.  I'll tag @BruceDM to see if he can escalate this merge.

Connect Moderator

If there was POI A and POI B, and then suddenly there is just POI A with the information of POI A and POI B combined (reviews, photos, etc.); then it's a merge.  If the two features weren't duplicates of each other then it's an incorrect merge.

Contrast that with if there was POI A and POI B, and the owner of POI A wanted to hijack POI B because it was better known, there would now be two POI A's, one with the info of  POI A and one with the info of POI B.

As soon as people state "POI A took over POI B", the fact that they recognize elements of both in the one remaining POI very strongly indicates a merge.

Level 8

It's really bad new for us. Recently many spammers try to spamming in Google Maps in our country and it's increasing day by day.  It's not only in Dhaka. There are many places where spammers trying promote their business with fake reviews by using the Google Maps. We should more alert about this issue.

Anyway, i've already report against this place. But can't be successful.

Thank you @ShafiulB for highlighting about spamming.

Level 10

Dear Brother @ShafiulB ,

Thanks for tagging me. Here we facing a big problem about spammer, but we try to real edit, Google maps can't accept it. Here is sharing my contribution, Lets check what I did with maps. We need proper solution as soon as possible @TraciC  My Contribution

Best of Luck!

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

@Flash wrote:

Contrast that with if there was POI A and POI B, and the owner of POI A wanted to hijack POI B because it was better known, there would now be two POI A's, one with the info of  POI A and one with the info of POI 

You said right and this example means a complete spamming...!