Mehdihatami's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

NOT Applied · Place creation

Why my natural reserves & tourist attractions didnt approved any time any way ☹☹☹ ?

Mashhad, Razavi Khorasan Province, Iran
12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: NOT APPLIED · Place creation

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  As already mentioned, you can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

With regards to the general examples you gave, waterfalls are water features and Google has not accepted water edits for several years.  If you find a category on the map that you are not able to use then Google is not currently accepting such submissions.  Trying to use a different category will result in denials.

For tourist attractions and nature preserves, such features should have both addresses and phone numbers.  These are not categories to mark things you find interesting, but rather for actual places that have proper names, staff, hours of operation, and thus addresses and phone numbers.  This applies to almost all the categories available.

If you know of a place but do not have all the data necessary to add it to the map, the most appropriate thing is to leave it for someone who does have the information.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @LucioV 

I read the text u send as a  link but its not my answer because many times i register  Resturants,  banks , supermarket and ... . But i never succeed to create a waterfall or a tourist atraction or nature reverse.  As u know most of the time this places dont have phone number or a website or even an adress.the only things that i have is the name photo and the place  . Most of them are unknown for normal peoples. And i want to say that all of them are marked as not approved in a second and i dont think any one check it . 😕

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  As already mentioned, you can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

With regards to the general examples you gave, waterfalls are water features and Google has not accepted water edits for several years.  If you find a category on the map that you are not able to use then Google is not currently accepting such submissions.  Trying to use a different category will result in denials.

For tourist attractions and nature preserves, such features should have both addresses and phone numbers.  These are not categories to mark things you find interesting, but rather for actual places that have proper names, staff, hours of operation, and thus addresses and phone numbers.  This applies to almost all the categories available.

If you know of a place but do not have all the data necessary to add it to the map, the most appropriate thing is to leave it for someone who does have the information.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 8

Hi flash 

Thank you for answering me but im not Convinced. You tell me that no one can add a natural atractions because none of them has a phone number or stuff or hours ? I am a civil engineer and i exactly know what i add. My question is there is no different between a level 2 and a level 8 guide ? Because most of my hard working to reach the higher level in local guide is for be more trusted.  I love natural landmarks and i want to share it with the other people . If i never could reach to a level that i can add this places i leave trying hard . You know this is not for money because even if google pay to local guides its not for iranian people . 

For p. s no1For p. s no1

P.s. 1. I see many neutral places that add in google map without number or adress or ...such as this one near my city https://goo.gl/maps/kTZzarue4Cm

P.s. 2. I even try to add a ancient pilgrimage place near my city mashhad and a

@Flash wrote:

Hello,

lso a new builded worship place near mashhad but google map didnt approved them as well . None of them has phone number or opening hours and stuff.For p.s no 2For p.s no 2

Ps.3 try to add this rock as stone frog . Its so famous beween people of my city and try every thing to add it 😑 For p.s no.3For p.s no.3

For p.s 2For p.s 2

Connect Moderator

Hello @Mehdihatami

Your response was marked as being possible spam by the automated filters, they are not perfect but catch most spam and your post would have been released by a Googler reviewing the filtered posts.  I have found it and released it early.

The POIs on the map are divided into various sub-groups.  There is a group for political features, a group for water features, a group for transit features, a group for natural features, etc.

The biggest group is the one we commonly call the Establishment group.  It is largely comprised of places that are businesses.  It is this group that Google has made available for editing.

A valley is a natural feature.  There are valleys on the map, but there are not something a Maps user can add or edit.  Adding it as a Tourist Attraction is incorrect, the instance you found needs to be deleted from the map.

The base map has requirements as to what can be mapped in order to keep it from being so cluttered that it is slow and unuseful.  The rock you wish to map may be interesting to see, but it neither has a proper name nor a proper category, thus it cannot be mapped.  Features such as that can be mapped on a custom map, Google provides a number of ways to do so with the easiest being Google My Maps.  Such maps can be made searchable, and a well set up map should appear in Google Search.

For the place of worship, I can see that it has a fence, electricity, etc.  Such a place would have a phone number; any place with bills to pay, possible deliveries and possible work to be done on the place will have an office through which it is coordinated.  If instead you are trying to add an unattended places along side a road which has some holy significance, those again are items that belong on a custom map.

Level 7

so what we should do ? almost nothing that I add are appeal...

We come into this world with our eyes closed
And most of us choose to live their whole lives that way
Level 7

Re: NOT Applied · Place creation

Sorry but this is really not a solution.  

Level 6

I live in Jamaica and have explored many hidden waterfalls with great pictures that I want to share.

I am sure many people would want to see and visit

However every time I try to add I get NOT APPLIED Place creation

And without a place, I cant add the pictures or location

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Level 10

@Flash

Thank you so much for your clear post.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017