AT93's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

NOT APPLIED

I'm trying to change the info on a place and it says NOT APPLIED. What should I do? Am I doing something wrong?

Gurugram, Haryana, India
15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: NOT APPLIED

Hi @sputnikjim, you can only "Add a note" to the edit your are suggesting on mobile - this feature is not available on desktop yet:

[UNSET] (4).png

Sure, you can go ahead and provide more information to support your edit. Regarding including photos, I'm afraid you can only add a link to the photo instead. As mentioned in the post, if your edit is not applied, it doesn't mean you are a bad mapper - simply collect more information and suggest another edit. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Hi @AT93there are various reasons why your edit is "Not Applied". More detailed explanation can be found here → https://goo.gl/zNTdUP

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 7

@AT93, If you take photos that can support the change, like

1) a sign with the names of the both streets that meet at an intersection, to prove that an unmapped street exists. or

2) the face of a building that shows it's street number and the business name on it

then put these photos where the Google Maps publishers can see them -- photos.google.com is one possible place -- and tell them where they are when you suggest a change.

@JeslynL, do you think this is good guidance for improving the chance that a change will be published?

Solution

Hi @sputnikjim, you can only "Add a note" to the edit your are suggesting on mobile - this feature is not available on desktop yet:

[UNSET] (4).png

Sure, you can go ahead and provide more information to support your edit. Regarding including photos, I'm afraid you can only add a link to the photo instead. As mentioned in the post, if your edit is not applied, it doesn't mean you are a bad mapper - simply collect more information and suggest another edit. 🙂

Level 7

I'm have a samiler issue, I added several streets and roads. One of my customers had a problem to get a direction to his location. But searching the statute 

Saeed Kabrah
Level 7

I'm have a samiler issue, I added several streets and roads. One of my customers had a problem to get a direction to his location. But searching the satellite we can find roads around the location but there is no any in the default map.

Can an you please help me in this

IMG_4339.PNG

Saeed Kabrah
Level 10

Hello @JeslynL,

I have never seen the "Add a note" feature below actually. I've opened up my native Google Maps app and while suggesting an edit, I don't see the small space to make a small note. This would prove to be great to assist the Google Maps team of verifiers to either expedite or clarify the process to have these edits checked instead of just instantly showing edits as not applied.

Level 10

@smkabrah,

Looking at your list of what needs to be added, I don't think roads and streets are added in the current Google Maps interface.

If there are any issues in regards to transport or map features, what you'll need to do is to report that as feedback to the Google Maps team.

Simply navigate to the area where there are missing roads, then navigate as per the following:

Menu ≡ > Send feedback > Report missing road > Tap on the location of the missing road > Then tap Done.

You might have to wait a while, but for roads, streets and highways, that is the best way to have it added.

I hope that helps!

Level 7

Sending feedback is not active in Saudi Arabia. Is there any other way ? IMG_4353.PNG

Saeed Kabrah
Level 9

It would be nice to have possibility to recall an entry of mine which proved to be erroneous. Furthermore

@AT93 wrote:

I'm trying to change the info on a place and it says NOT APPLIED. What should I do? Am I doing something wrong?

I need arguing possibility when an entry is "Not Applied", I was on site I know better, at least I want to know the reason for the reject.