prasunkumarb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: NOT APPLIED. PLACE ADDED

This doesn't really answer the Question.  What we are asking for is a reason Such as "NOT APPLIED - FEATURE ALREADY EXISTS" other reason could be not a valid location for that type of feature.  This would allow the user to resubmit without guessing.  We are volunteers.

@J wrote:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie... @prasunkumarb This may help you question

Level 10
Solution

Hi @prasunkumarb (and in fact all), 

I agree that a short message why a nw addition or an edit is not applied would be nice to have. Although back in the good, old days of MapMaker, the general reason (without any further explanation) used to be something like "incorrect information" - which we were not closer to the solution either. 

I noticed one (additional to Gus' excellent article) thing however: if a POI had been added (and not yet published but still pending) in MapMaker, maps will auto-reject the creation of the same POI (and of course we do not get the the reason). MapMaker edits are still rolling out (the other day 114 old, pending edits of mine were suddenly published). 

By adding the place in maps (too), we'd be creating duplicate entries of course. Certainly an explanation would be nice to have though.

Level 10

I have also seen that while uploading the pic of a place live from the place, it became NOT APPLIED. PLACE ADDED. Every fields were given correctly.

Level 3

I just joined and on level 3 but am thinking of stopping this. Wasted my time to drive to two locations to add them on the map and i get not applied and pending. i don't know what they really want. the place too is not on the map. 

Level 7

Yep, I've given up adding places. I really don't know what they want. I had one last shot on the weekend. Went to add my plumbers business. Filled in all fields, the factory even had signage visible from street view and it was still rejected twice. 

Level 9

Hello @prasunkumarb

If you look at  article: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...

you will found "If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied."

"NOT APPLIED" means your editing is not accepted, their is no fixed reason for that but from my personal experience I found a point for this; I was trying to add a new place (a restaurant) on google maps via google maker (now it closed) but it was on pending at that time, when map maker was closed I found that restaurant was missing from the google map. Then again I was trying to add this place again on google map it was denied (NOT APPLIED). I think this is because it was added before but pending.

Connect Moderator

Went to add my plumbers business. Filled in all fields, the factory even had signage visible from street view and it was still rejected twice. 

I'm afraid those statements don't work together.

Were you trying to add a factory?  Or a plumber?

Plumbers are service area businesses that people do not visit; they come to the customer.  They are not to be added to the map, rather the business can use GMB to add themselves to the local directory so that they show up in searches (even Maps searches) without having a marker in Maps.

If you can provide details including a location we can further advise you for your particular situation.  It would probably be best to start your own thread.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages