prasunkumarb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

NOT APPLIED. PLACE ADDED

It has been noticed that inspite of providing all information correctly about a real place, Google Map is not accepting the upload of the proper place informing "Not Applied. Place Added". I become really disheartened and hopeless. Don't know why this is occurring. Can anyone focus on the matter and suggest solution.

Regards

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
16 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: NOT APPLIED. PLACE ADDED

Hi @prasunkumarb (and in fact all), 

I agree that a short message why a nw addition or an edit is not applied would be nice to have. Although back in the good, old days of MapMaker, the general reason (without any further explanation) used to be something like "incorrect information" - which we were not closer to the solution either. 

I noticed one (additional to Gus' excellent article) thing however: if a POI had been added (and not yet published but still pending) in MapMaker, maps will auto-reject the creation of the same POI (and of course we do not get the the reason). MapMaker edits are still rolling out (the other day 114 old, pending edits of mine were suddenly published). 

By adding the place in maps (too), we'd be creating duplicate entries of course. Certainly an explanation would be nice to have though.

View solution in original post

Level 7

@prasunkumarb wrote:

It has been noticed that inspite of providing all information correctly about a real place, Google Map is not accepting the upload of the proper place informing "Not Applied. Place Added". I become really disheartened and hopeless. Don't know why this is occurring. Can anyone focus on the matter and suggest solution.

Regards

Hi @prasunkumarb , can you upload the snap about it ? Because i really wonder what happened,maybe I have facing same probs also.

Thanks

Level 10

Thanks for your response

Regards

Level 5

Yes.  I am having the same problem.  I agree that changes need to be vetted but G Maps should at the very least tell me why my change is not applied.  It would be better if it allowed me to fix my change maybe it's spelling mistake.  I was adding a tourist attraction that was not applied.  I just learned that the place is already in Google Maps but google maps was not labelling it for some reason.  For some reason I can't edit the name and add a website for this location.

Historic Brilliant Bridge

Level 7

Yes, i definately agree about informing us why places are not applied. I understand this will take time but surely its quicker then reviewing multiple submissions of the same place and denying them all. I've been trying to add a new boardwalk that just opened, it goes along a valley to a waterfall. Keeps getting rejected. No idea why. I have photos, signs and even found a website on the build. Still rejected. I'll just stick to reviews

Level 9

Hi @prasunkumarb

Previously who did the mapmaker they can review our edited place ,& they can also approve that place.Now map maker is stopped so google automatically takes information from crowdsource and take decision .some of moderator can do this also.Its a genuine problem for us, even I had also faced this problem. They should take action.

Level 10

@prasunkumarb

@LucioV

@SDatta

@Tonyteb

@Redcedar

Dear LG Friends

Even I have faced this but please do not get dishearten

You can try again with more facts and it will be accepted

A photograph of the place will be an added feature

Keep trying