PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

My first ever denial from a map add

The City of Frankston planted a new sculpture into the ground near work today. It's part of a series they are doing on climate change. So like other sculptures I've put in, I added it to Maps. Someone has denied it and removed it from the map. It is definately there. How do I find out if this was a proper map maker denial (which I would still challenge) or a Local Guide who as killed it using the new map moderation feature?

Denied!Denied!sculpturesculpture

Frankston, Victoria, Australia
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: My first ever denial from a map add

We can't use Try Again in Australia because Map Maker is not supported here. I just added it again with the exact same details and now it's approved. Go figure. Oh and I got my answer, it was denied by a Google person not a Local Guide.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Connect Moderator
Solution

We can't use Try Again in Australia because Map Maker is not supported here. I just added it again with the exact same details and now it's approved. Go figure. Oh and I got my answer, it was denied by a Google person not a Local Guide.

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich,

I have looked at this and I think you are mistaken, the details were not the same for each attempt.

Your first change was probably denied because you were using a description instead of a name.

Using a proper name the second time was presumably why it was not denied again.

MapMaker forum: http://goo.gl/6e5Kv9 :: Maps forum: http://goo.gl/Xy2G79 :: Give Kudos for great content!
Connect Moderator

Thanks for looking @Keith A but both names are equally valid. In the City of Frankston media releases they've called it both. The key difference isn't the name, the key difference is that I included a link to a press release describing the sculpture. It should not have mattered. When someone submits a new sculpture accompanied by a photo of what is clearly a sculpture with the proper geotag and the proper matching map location it should go through. The second time I put it in I did not even include a photo.

Level 5

I have had many denials. For example a photo I posted today is not let to see to the public. Why?

Connect Moderator

Hi @AlfwmS now that map maker is gone it's not possible for any of us to check. I recommend you gather several specific examples and email to 

<REDACTED> with links to your examples and ask why they were denied.

There are a few examples of when it can happen
1. The business has been claimed - in which case most edits are declined 
2. Other local guides have said you're wrong via "check the facts" - I don't know if it takes one person or several to say you're wrong before you get declined
3. Some places seem to decline everything regardless

I had trouble adding a new place and mailed to the team and a few days later my edit went through. I've not had a reply yet but that's the only reason I can think of why anything would have changed.
Googler

@PaulPavlinovich  Thanks for offering to help @AlfwmS, however, the Local Guides team does not provide reasons for why edits are denied and our email address is only for troubleshooting account specific inquiries (which we'll give out as needed via private message). I recommend visiting this article posted by Gus for more information about why your edits may have not been applied: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?.

Thanks and hope this info helps.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Thanks @TraciC no worries 🙂