Prabhakaran8's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: My edits are not approved in the Google maps

I ever had the same experience with you.  I told that Google refused it.  But finally I have got an email that it was approved.  And it needed long time so that I have forgotten about it. ,more than a month if I am not mistaken. 

Level 6

Hi @Flash @aka_Rὁn @juankx,

Thank you so much for your replies.

@Flash, you said

where the poster has said nothing but "My edits are rejected, and I'm local so they shouldn't be."  Even when people want to help, we can't without information.  Yes, a thousand threads like this can be posted without changes, because even when invited most people won't provide details so that either.  Please review this thread and explain in what way we have not helped the original poster.

Can you please tell me what are the details you need that have to posted here to approve the edits in the Maps? I already accepted your reply as solution. If it is one edit I have to posted here, but most of my edits are not approved or in pending only.

My final conclusion: We are here to get knowledge about the maps including edits. I would like to engage with you all. We are doing the best job.

I would like to thank once again @Flash @aka_Rὁn @juankx guys.......

Regards,

Prabhakaran

Level 6

Hi @Prabhakaran8 

You alone the boss of your edits. Please don't suppose to get any advice or help from here. People like Flash are just copy and paste the reply. Nobody can help you at this forum. I have traveled a very long journey in Google map maker. But after merger of GMM into Google Map it is just waist of time. Nobody helping here. My most friends who were Level 9 and above quit the GM. It is great that you are helping other people or user by correcting the wrong information in GM but unfortunately they denied without any valid reasons. It causing frustrating. Google earning from the efforts made by unpaid Local Guides. I don't like to get something in response of my edits but want valid reasons for Denial the edits I have submitted. I am well versed with map guidelines since 2011. Everyone is hiding the reasons regarding rejection of valid edit. 

Finally I request you not to waist your valuable time at here. 

Thanks for your understanding.

Regards

Connect Moderator

Hi @JoshiS,

The purpose of this forum is to help people.   If you're unable to do so then it would be appropriate to not respond.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator

Hello @Prabhakaran8,

We would need all the details; such as a link to any feature you're trying to edit, complete details of what you are trying to change or add (such as the exact name, address, category, URL, phone number, etc. that you are trying to use), the GPS coordinates of the feature, a screenshot of the auto-reply email you received (make sure it doesn't include your personal information).

The one thing to remember is that we don't call out suspected spammers or problem makers publicly in this forum, so please don't publish such things but rather in those cases tag a Google moderator and ask them to contact you for the details.  But for all other edits publishing the details of the place with which you're having issues will allow us to see if there is obvious or likely reasons for it not publishing, which will help you not only for that edit but hopefully will give you information that will make future edits successful.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 6

Dear @Flash thanks fir your comments. I too looking to get help from this forum. My correct edits are being rejected by Google Bots, can you help me to approve them in Google Map. I am very well aware the edits but would like to help other user/public through Google map. Are you helping users ?. Please mind your comments. LGs are here  only for improvement of Map. I too here for the same purpose. Google moderators are more helpful than of you. 

Level 7

@JoshiS

Logically, there does not seem to be much scope for "improving" edits with are already detailed and factually correct.

These issues are being kicked to the kerb time and time and time again all over this forum and the Local Connect Moderators are not really doing much to help us other than to justify the status quo, their own positions and to claim that it is our own fault for not "being trusted" by the Google Bots.

What is happening to simple common sense and basic human communication.

This automated ill-mannered tick-box idiocy is entirely counter-productive and serves only to alienate those who are subjected to it.

The management team behind Google Maps needs to be held accountable since they seem content to exist in their ivory towers where any form of e-mail communication is one-way only.

Enough is enough.

😞

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Connect Moderator

@JoshiS, people can help you to find what might be the issue with your edits.  You'll find many threads in this forum where people were helped.  However, as you can see by this post, if you just post that you have issues and refuse to provide details that there is not much that can be done.

The people that will help you are volunteers, however, and thus are unlikely to help much if you insult them.

If you want help, please start your own post with full details of some of your edits.

Level 7

You could post thousands of threads with simple edit examples that are rejected and nobody from staff will care about it. 

To start, remember that this is not a mapping forum.  The staff here are to help you with the Local Guide program.  If you truly want to get into the fine details of the map you should visit the Maps forum.

Thanks for this. I just posted a new thread on the Map Forum with detailed information about some of these issues.

If you're unwilling to provide details about the edit in order to figure out what is going wrong; no, that doesn't then qualify you to communicate directly with Google staff.  Even if you could communicate with Google staff directly, they would need the same details!!

One of my functions as a Maps TC is to escalate issues when something is broken.  If a type of edit that should be approved keeps getting rejected then that fact is escalated; but to get to that point details are needed to ensure that something is broken rather than it being an input error.  Details are also needed so that Google can find the original edit to analyze what went wrong.  Issues in the review algorightms have been identified and fixed via this method.

Details were already posted here and here.

Waze has issue reports that sit for weeks before they are attended to, many of which are then just marked as closed due to lack of details, proof, etc.  Waze also does not have to deal with spammers; people with malicious intent focus on the most popular platforms where they can cause the biggest impact if they get their misinformation on the map.  And the vast majority of people editing and approving edits on Waze are volunteers;

I'm one of those volunteers since 2010, that's how I know that LocalGuides program, this forum and the yearly meetup was copied from the Waze communities. I've no issues with that, in fact it is great. However, the Google's way to manage the communities is terrible for the reasons I explained before. The main difference is because in Waze, those volunteers in each country can solve map issues and help local people to fix their country map, in their own language. Yes, Waze use results from Google and Waze, this is why I'm here. We receive a lot of map error reports in Waze because of map errors in Google, we already fix them in Waze telling the system to use the Waze location instead of the Google one, even when the selected destination comes from Google. But, in the same way that people is getting lost when select Google results in Waze they get lost using Google to drive to their destinations. This is why I'm trying to get help to definitely fix these issues in Google maps.

The main reason of most of these errors is because new places uploaded from LocalGuides are easily accepted. A lot of them are duplicated or wrong located. We had problems some months ago with duplicated and wrong located Shopping Centers, the International Airport, and some other important places. Fix these kind of errors is very hard in Google, most of the time your edits are rejected and it is required that many people post the same edit many times to have success. I'm just talking here only about map errors on places, map errors with roads is a totally different topic and I already gave up with that.

Level 7

@JoshiS wrote:

Hi @Prabhakaran8 

You alone the boss of your edits. Please don't suppose to get any advice or help from here. People like Flash are just copy and paste the reply. Nobody can help you at this forum. I have traveled a very long journey in Google map maker. But after merger of GMM into Google Map it is just waist of time. Nobody helping here. My most friends who were Level 9 and above quit the GM. It is great that you are helping other people or user by correcting the wrong information in GM but unfortunately they denied without any valid reasons. It causing frustrating. Google earning from the efforts made by unpaid Local Guides. I don't like to get something in response of my edits but want valid reasons for Denial the edits I have submitted. I am well versed with map guidelines since 2011. Everyone is hiding the reasons regarding rejection of valid edit. 

Finally I request you not to waist your valuable time at here. 

Regards

I totally know what you are going through and I agree with all of the points you have made but not with the decision that you and your colleagues have taken to simply walk away.

That kind of response simply makes matters worse for all of us and gives the bureaucrats and autocrats a lot more scope for alienating even larger numbers of the Local Connect community.

Please reconsider and try to raise the profile of these issues until someone with authority and intelligence sees what is really going on ...

Far too often these issues are being badly handled and people are expected to rely upon individuals who have insulted them publicly to put through these edits on their behalf.

Each time I have responded to one of the threads on the  "NOT APPLIED" the forum automatically provides me with links to a series of other related articles and so I have gained quite an overview on the way that this ongoing situation is being micromanaged and by whom and it parts of it I find both disgraceful and distasteful.

I was also on the point of leaving but I came across the work of @JanVanHaver and it has made me realise that quite a number of experienced Local Guides are prepared to provide detailed help to us all.

Jan has produced a remarkable series of essay s on this forum and has devoted considerable time to giving them the appearance and layout of a glossy magazine article.

Their content is highly recommended even though some of the Bot Cops seem to go out of their way to disparage them.

You can find this series by searching for the words "Best Practice" and one link should provide you with access to all the others.

They are well worth your reading and the advice he provides actually works.

In direct contrast, the claims that one should complete each and every one of the fields on the submission form are now almost a guaranteed recipe for disaster - even if (supposedly) they do comply with the (largely unwritten) RULEBOOK.

Please remain part of this community and add your voice to those of your colleagues who are continually campaigning for real change.

This ought to result in a WIN-WIN resolution for everyone - especially for Google Inc. and so is well worth our efforts to achieve.

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■