Prabhakaran8's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

My edits are not approved in the Google maps

Hello Guys,

I edited the Maps, but it is not approved. I am the local person and I know the places very well, I edited the Maps correctly, but my edits are not approved. Anyone help me in this matter? I removed the some of the places that does not exists and it still showing in the Maps, I add one store and it is not showing in Google Map live. 

Thiruthani, Tamil Nadu, India
29 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: My edits are not approved in the Google maps

Hello @Prabhakaran8,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of creating a post here to provide all the data of a failed edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in this forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Prabhakaran8,

Thanks for reaching out and contributing. Your help is very much appreciated.

Please, have in mind edits on Google Maps take some time to get approved. You can Check the status of your edits.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hi @IrrPavlova

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Prabhakaran8,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of creating a post here to provide all the data of a failed edit including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts in this forum can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

@Prabhakaran8 

Hi,

you will receive email regarding this. @Flash has correctly mention, it will after preview if corrected.

Keep editing !!!

Level 6

Hi @Flash and @DrYashPaulSharma,

Thank you so much for your replies.

Now only I understand how the edits are working in the back-end. I done my edits are accurate, it will useful for the Map users. I am going to edit as much as possible, whether its denied or approved. I will do my Job, rest of them is in Google hands. 

Thanks once again guys for the reply. If anything else, I will create another topic.

Regards,

Prabhakaran

Level 7

@Flash wrote:

Where is the right place to submit rejected map edits? Please see these examples of rejected edits:

Iglesia Católica De San Fransisco: There is a typo, it should be "Francisco" instead of "Fransisco" and as you can see, it is located in Costa Rica, not United States. This change has been rejected many times.

Centro Nacional De Convenciones: This place is wrong located, it is a duplicate of Centro de Congresos y Convenciones and Centro Internacional de Convenciones de Costa Rica. This has been rejected many times and also this was already reported in forum.

Level 7

As it sounds as if you are putting in considerable time and effort already when attempting to ensure that the details you are posting are accurate it does not seem unreasonable to expect that SOMEONE at Google Maps would try to be a bit more helpful to you considering your track record of contributions.

It would be easy for them to automate such assessments based on previous postings so that an additional step was taken by Google Maps to look into an issue rather than to simpy reject the addition out of hand with a moronic "NOT APPLIED" response.

That kind of computer-generated rudeness is hardly a good way to encourage people to offer their time and their skills freely, now is it ?

Yes ... as you say ... in the end it is all "in Google's hands" and so there isn't much that any of us can do other than to raise these issues and receive some kind of bland, corporate prepared statement in response.

😞

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Level 7

I was fairly shocked to see that your correction of spelling was rejected so many times by Google.

That does not make any kind of sense to me and it seems that the various employees are content to waste their time and ours by pointing us to the terms and conditions and the guidelines rather than simply use some kind of spell-checker.

Is there nobody in their management team structure that is looking into consumer relations and taking these issues seriously?

It certainly does not seem to be the case.

The usual anonymous call-centre approach seems to have become the weapon of choice in this New World Order of techno-feudalism.

All of the principles of traditional customer service have been tossed into the nearest dumpster it seems.

😞

■ "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?" ■ "Who watches the watchers ?" ■ the satirical poet, Juvenal ■ 1st century Rome ■
Level 5

Try having a friend submit similar corrections and edits. When the reviewers see multiple people suggesting things, then maybe they will see a trend and decide more accurately.